Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sports Night

Had my all day meeting today. Boy, that was fun. I didn't get a full report on what Ginger and the kids did today. I do know that Catherine was apparently washing stuff at some point in class. And I know she didn't play with the golden beads, although she likes to make you think she did before telling you that she didn't.

Everyone woke up from their naps shortly after I got home from work. Then I played some Ping Pong with Quinn. Now this probably isn't what you normally think of as Ping Pong. The game goes like this. Quinn takes the ball, crushes it so that it ends up flying somewhere across the room, and I go get it. Then I come back, hit it to him over the net, but because the table isn't true cork board, the ball doesn't really bounce. So it sorts of falls off the table, then he picks it up, and crushes it across the room. You would think this game would get old after a while, but nope, he just keeps on playing.

Dinner tonight was tacos. After that came cake and cookies for desert. Unfortunately Quinn didn't get to have a cookie since he didn't finish eating his dinner. It's been a while since I've heard Quinn give us his cookie eating philosophy catch phrase. In the past he would pass out the cookies saying "Mommy gets a cookie. Daddy gets a cookie. Catherine gets a cookie. And I get a cookie. Everybody gets a cookie." I even made "Everybody gets a cookie" my hero's battle cry in City of Heroes once. After dinner we got the kids ready for bed. And then Quinn and I played what's becoming our nightly game of Football (played using a spongy Baseball) for about 10 minutes. Quinn sort of makes up the rules, but the game always seems to end with him scoring a touchdown somehow (even if I manage to tackle him)

Once the kids went to bed we watched the new comedy "Four Kings" and then "CSI". "Four Kings" was actually better than I was expecting it to be, but I went in with really low expectations though. So it's marginal, although I think we're willing to give it another couple of episodes. Took me a while before I could place one of the actors as the dude that had been one of the stars in canceled sitcom "Committed" (actually, I never remembered the name of the show, just the description, Ginger looked up the name on IMDB). After that we went downstairs and finished hanging the curtain rod above the door in the basement. Then that we watched "My Name Is Earl" which we have to tape downstairs now because the Tivo upstairs records "CSI". There's a lot of TV that we have to watch on Thursday. We didn't even get to "Without a Trace", "The Office" and I only got to watch the news into part of "The Daily Show".

Tomorrow is the resumption of Battlestar Galactica. I'm still waiting to see if my prediction of Gaeta being a Cylon pans out since I think he was the trigger that caused Boomer to shoot Adama.

No comments: