Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Everybody Dance Now! (The Remix)

So the verification process through google videos is complete. So now I present, the video here that I worked and slaved on that no one else likes! Oh, and as a word of caution, Ginger suggested I post this:

WARNING: READ BEFORE PLAYING

A very small percentage of individuals may experience epileptic seizures when exposed to certain light patterns or flashing lights. Exposure to certain patterns or backgrounds on a computer screen may induce an epileptic seizure in these individuals. Certain conditions may induce previously undetected epileptic symptoms even in persons who have no history of prior seizures or epilepsy.

If you, or anyone in your family, have an epileptic condition, consult your physician prior to playing. If you experience any of the following symptoms while playing the video -- dizziness, altered vision, eye or muscle twitches, loss of awareness, disorientation, any involuntary movement, or convulsions -- IMMEDIATELY discontinue play and consult your physician before resuming play.

Not that we've got that out the way, it's also worth noting that before Google ran it through their mojo machine the video was 23 meg, so I don't know how big or how much bandwidth this googlized version will require. If you're on dialup, you may not want to hit play.



My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

6 comments:

Scott said...

Dude, you are a MovieMaker stud! You must have totally stitched that together by hand. I can't understand how you did that and kept the beat accurate for all the shots without spending like 100 hrs doing it!

JamesF said...

I won't lie, it was like 10+ hours.

The hardest part was dealing with the multiple video segments (which raw are around 500 meg) and dragging those around which would take like 10 seconds as it page swapped data in. And I was zoomed in at lowest timeframe level also.

Anonymous said...

I had a seizure. But other than that I liked it. Very funny. :)

Curt Sawyer said...

I think I'm blinded for life...

Seriously, it was pretty cute.

BullBunky said...

Adorable. Now my techo-illiterate question (I'm just a consultant, thank you) is how did you put video into blogger :)

JamesF said...

Google has a new video capability. Go here:
https://upload.video.google.com/

You can upload videos and what not. And then once they approve it and it's converted there's a link for "Put on site" which will give you the html code to add. You have to add and publish it from the html editing window on blogger (if that's how you create and upload your posts) since if you switch to compose or preview mode blogger's html valildation code apparently removes the end embed tag.