Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Rest of the Story

When we last saw our heroes they had posted asking decorating advice. After sifting through the flood of responses, they went on about the rest of their day. Today was another really nice day (temperature in the 60s again). So the kids got to play some outside riding their tricycles. Quinn and I played some 'tennis' (I throw the ball to him, and he uses my old raquetball racket to hit it back to me). I actually snapped a bunch of pictures of the kids outside, but later realized I had my camera on manual and that I had the shutter speed set really long for when I was taking some indoor shots, so everything came out whitewashed and blurry. My Mom is up this weekend and she had her camera, so maybe I can get some of her shots. Ginger and I let my Mom watch the kids outside and we took that as an opportunity to be able to put up some styrofoam insulation in the downstairs storage room (I had promised I would help put it up the next time my Mom was up and we had some time available).

Ginger and I have been tossing this idea about getting a new TV around a lot more recently. I think she's got a 50 inch plasma in mind. Keeping with the TV theme, today while the kids napped, I worked on catching up on some TV. I managed to watch Smallville from the past two weeks. And got halfway through Stargate Atlantis. As I was watching TV, I noticed it getting dark outside and I managed to snap this pick out back as the sun was setting. I think it would have looked better if I could have taken it from even higher above the trees.



Since my Mom is up and can watch the kids, Ginger and I went out for dinner. I found it amusing that with the weather the way it is, the radio was playing ads for snow blowers (what the heck were they thinking). Ginger wanted to try and eat at Arties, but they had a 40+ minute wait, so I vetoed that and we went to a chinese restaurant that we used to get take out from that we both liked. Strangely enough, we both liked the food dining in even better than the stuff we normally get when we have their take out. When we got back, we watched a couple Daily Shows and Ginger actually stuck around while I finished watching Atlantis and for the beginning of Battlestar Galactica (at one point she looked up from her book and asked if we had switched shows), but then she couldn't take the boredom (for her) anymore and went to bed. I finished off that episode of Battlestar Galactica and then a couple of Teen Titan episodes. I think I only have a couple more shows from last week and 2 weeks worth of Daily Show interviews and Colbert Reports, and then I'll be completely caught up (at the rate I'm going, I don't think I'm going make it).

No comments: