Sunday, March 23, 2008

Not Your Typical Easter Sunday


Not the best Easter we've ever had. The good news is Quinn's headache last night was a false alarm and he seemed fine today. The bad news is Catherine didn't seem to be doing too much better. There was no puking today, so that was good, but she would be running a temperature of around 103+ right before her ibuprofen would wear off. That meant Catherine spent most of the day camped out on the couch watching television. That also meant that Quinn hanging out to watch TV also. So it wasn't a big surprise when Ginger suggested I go to the grocery store and take Quinn with me and maybe stop by a park or something (because had he stayed at home I'm not sure he would have done anything other than watch TV). So we spent an hour or so out at a park. Quinn decided he wanted to go to the park with the basketball goals. He had tried to get me to bring all the tennis gear, but I wasn't up for that. He's also asked me to schedule a Saturday where we ask Pete to come out and play tennis with us. Which seemed odd until I asked why and he told me it's because "Pete's a lot better at tennis than you are." Thanks Quinn.


While at first glance it looks like he's going to miss this shot by a wide margin, the truth is he's throwing the ball granny style. I think he still missed, by not by as much as you would think if it was a normal angle shot.




The park we were at also had some swings, so we ended up going back and forth between those and the basketball court several times.


Since I wanted to try and wear him out a bit, before we left the park I had Quinn engage in a rousing game of "How fast can you run to the other side of this field and back". He still had surplus energy though, but since we hadn't had lunch yet at that point we couldn't stay out much longer. And lunch ended up taking forever. Quinn was watching the TV from the kitchen while eating, so lunch ended up taking him literally two hours to finish. And it was stuff he likes to eat.


And while I know Catherine likes watching TV, and she did a lot of that today, her having that high of a fever really bothers me. Plus this is her spring break. The kids don't go back to school until Wednesday, and at this rate Catherine's going to be sick most of her time off.

No comments: