Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Guess It Could Be Worse


Finally took my car in to get it fixed from where it failed inspection last month. And as I was expecting when taking it to the dealer they managed to find numerous things wrong with it. Apparently not only were the rear brake pads low but the dealer decided the rotors also needed to be replaced. And then they found a split axle and the it was drained of grease. And the brake fluid as well as the power steering fluid apparently needed to be replaced. All told it's going to be about fifteen hundred dollars. And here we were just a month or so away from not having a car payment on either car anymore. But hey, it's not all bad news. They washed the car for free. I mean, think of all the money that saved me.

Ginger and Quinn on the other hand have been having a fun filled day apparently. Eating out at Whole Foods for breakfast, then they went shopping and eventually ended up going to see a matinée of Horton hears a Who. Not sure how much he really liked it though since when they picked me up from work and we went to dinner he didn't really talk about. Ginger thought the matinee price of $8 for each of them was over the top (she had thought the price for Quinn should be a little less), but I've ranted enough about movie prices in the past to know that's just par for the course these days (and as bad as it here it's still nothing apparently to what Curt has to pay up in New York). Dinner tonight was a California Pizza Kitchen and Quinn tried some spinach artichoke dip on his chips multiple times. To be fair the multiple times required us prompting him, but he didn't seem to mind it too much and used it as bargaining chip for later getting to play Lego Star Wars. I have to say I think Lego Star Wars is my birthday gift I received since at this point I think Quinn will at least try just about anything (within reason) to get to play it.

I didn't really get a report on what Catherine did down in Richmond today, so I can't really speak to that. Ginger and Quinn head down to Richmond tomorrow to join them for a couple days though, so I'm gonna be living large and in charge solo here while they're gone. Which is a fancy way of saying I'll be able to watch TV almost as soon as I get home rather than waiting for the kids to go to bed and for Ginger to be done with the TV.

3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Ginger thought the matinée price of $8 for each of them was over the top

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I WISH for a matinée price of that.

NYC baby - no matinées pricing. $12.50 per show every day, all day.

The Dogfather said...

Which is a fancy way of saying I'll be able to watch TV

Don't you mean:

Which is a fancy way of saying I'll be able to cobble together a new adventure of Brickman?

*grin*
*eagerly awaiting new bricktastic storyline*

Anonymous said...

I feel your VW pain! ;)