Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Living The Bachelor Life


Ginger headed down to Richmond with Quinn today. Before they left we all went to breakfast at IHOP and then went and picked up my car from the dealer. Apparently everyone down in Richmond decided to celebrate Ginger's upcoming birthday a bit early. Catherine had helped make the cake before Ginger showed up today, and Catherine was the one that wrote the words on the cake. I've been told that the cake also "has a lady (on left) and a house with snakes next to it (on right) in the bottom left corner". I can only assume those are referring to the picture with the cake that's being held by Ginger and is upside down, because otherwise I'm at a loss to explain what's what.


It's somewhat nice having the two cameras now, because I can give the D70 to Ginger to take and I can still have the D200 here for myself. The pictures themselves were sent by Ginger to me using Picasa, which unfortunately shrank them down way smaller than I would have liked. I'll eventually get the originals once Ginger gets back. I think I forgot to tell her that the D70 was having memory card issues where it wouldn't connect well unless you really pressed the card into the camera, so hopefully she'll read this before she needs to use the camera again.


I played around a bit with the D200 tonight trying some various modes. I tried using the exposure bracketing mode, but I think I did something wrong since it never took more than one picture. And the D70 that Ginger has in Richmond has the tripod connector on it, so that meant I couldn't use the tripod with the D200 tonight. Which in turn made it difficult setting up time delay shots (like the one above).

And I've decided I should never go to the grocery store when I'm hungry. I just stopped in tonight to grab something for lunch and left with several frozen meals, a gallon of ice cream and 7 lbs of chicken thighs. What was I thinking?!?

1 comment:

Ken Church said...

Why does Ginger only have one candle on her cake? Shouldn't she have to endure what you went through a couple weeks ago?