Thursday, March 27, 2008

Forgotten

I forgot Quinn today. Since Catherine's sick and Ginger is staying at home with her it was my responsibility to go pick up Quinn after school. I remembered at around 2:15, but then walked down the hall to run one errand. It was just one errand. Should have taken five minutes at most. But then I got sucked into two separate coding conversations and the next thing I knew it was three thirty, a full 30 minutes past when I was suppose to pick up Quinn. Not surprising once I got there Quinn was the last one to get picked up. Luckily though one of Quinn's friends was also late getting picked up and had been there up till just before I got there, so at least he wasn't bored and had a playmate for most of the time. And this was one of those things I promised I wouldn't do as a parent since I can recall many a time waiting to get picked up when I was younger. No real harm done I suppose except for potential psychological scarring. Hopefully Quinn won't end up in therapy with abandonment issues later in life it.

Catherine is doing a bit better today. She was still running a mild fever today, but it wasn't in the 102 range anymore, but closer to 100. I can only hope we've turned the corner on that one.

The bad news of the day is Ginger's grandmother ended up getting admitted to the hospital. Ginger was pretty shaken up about it and we're still waiting to hear how it turns out. If you're so inclined and could keep her in your prayers it would mean a lot.

1 comment:

Curt Sawyer said...

he bad news of the day is Ginger's grandmother ended up getting admitted to the hospital.

Sending happy thoughts your way.