Monday, October 02, 2006

Who Are These People?

Not much for me to report today, even though it was Catherine's ballet day. Catherine didn't really nap today and Quinn is still tired from the weekend, so by the time I got home at 6:30 the kids already getting ready for bed and they ended up asleep by a little after seven. At which point I napped for a bit myself (quite by accident since I merely laid down for a second). I managed to wake up in time to join Ginger in watching "How I Met Your Mother" (very good tonight), "Heroes" (more groundwork / setup, plus we get introduced to another cast member) and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (not as strong as for the first couple of episodes).

Since I'm looking for some filler, I figured I would hit the archives. It's a blast from the past. Whoah, I can't believe how young we all look. I don't know the exact timeframe here, but I'm guessing these are from about twelve years ago. And yes, the images are pretty crappy since I simply took digital pictures of some old photos. Had I taken time to scan them in properly I'm sure they would look a bit better (as it is the color got hosed and shadows came out overly dark). Sorry John, but I don't seem to have any pictures of you from this party.














9 comments:

Scott said...

Man, it's like looking at pictures of the Breakfast Club. (James, you get to be Ally Sheedy.)

Barry said...

No recollection of that party; I could blame that probably on the keg. But, I also cannot remember ever owning or wearing the t-shirt I have on. Strange. I bet its more like 14 years ago.

JamesF said...

Ok, I don't remember everyone in the breakfast club that well, but I know that's not the name of any of the three main guys. So that better be the name of the principle.

Scott said...

This is James

JamesF said...

Why am I all pixelated?

Curt Sawyer said...

I had so much more hair then...

And Cheryl looks so young. Ten years of marriage to me have clearly taken their toll...

;-)

Unknown said...

"We're going to a bad party
It's the worst party that's ever been
We're going to a bad party
And I hope those jerks will let us in
Shut your mouth, get in the car
Cause Ricky Casso wants to drive

We're going to a bad party
It's the kind where everyone's dull
We're going to a bad party
Gonna scare the bejesus out of them all
When we get there we'll say we love Satan
Ricky always thinks that's funny
We're going to a bad party
It's the worst party that's ever been

God I really hate these jokers
Think they're smart, they think they're witty
Someone oughtta pass a law
Or at least form a committee
I'm gonna shoot the stereo
If they don't start playing my kind of music

We're going to a bad party
And I can hardly wait
We're going to a bad party
I need a place to defecate
Maybe we'll take the host hostage
Ooh what a clever play on words

We're going to a bad party
It's the worst party that's ever been

God I really hate this music
I can't stand Gene Loves Jezebel
If there is a God in heaven
I'm sure that band will burn in hell
I'm gonna shoot somebody
If they don't stop talking about "East Enders"

We're going to a bad party
And who knows what damage we'll do
We're going to a bad party
Gonna wind up on "Phil Donahue""

-- Dead Milkmen

Ken Church said...

GAH!
Did I really have a mullet back then? I guess that makes me Judd.

The time estimate for when those pictures were taken (assuming they were all taken at the same party) is less than 13 years because:

1 - Karen did not attend any ERA social event until after we started dating.

2 - We started dating in November of 93.

My guess would be a party in the early part of 94, although I don't recognized the location.

JamesF said...

The location was the place Curt, John and I had in Falls Church.