Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What A Difference

I never seem to realize exactly how much Ginger does around here until she doesn't do it. She was feeling ill this morning, so that meant I had to try and get everyone ready this morning. I have no idea what caused Ginger to get sick since neither of the kids have been sick and she didn't eat anything that I didn't except for a frozen pot pie dinner. But bless her heart, even incapacitated and only able to lay down, she still helped get Catherine ready by putting on her lotion after I gave her a shower. It was a mad scramble getting the kids showered, fixing breakfast for everyone, fixing Quinn's lunch and getting everyone ready to go. I don't know how Ginger does it in the mornings (I mean I know I help some, but I'll be honest, I'm don't help as much as I probably should). Somehow I managed to barely make it out this morning on time and I got the kids to school just slightly later than I normally get them there.

I called home around lunch to see if I needed to go pick the kids up, but Ginger insisted that she was good enough by then to pick up the kids. Still, I tried coming home a bit earlier than normal in case she needed help, but she was fine (when I got home, her and the kids were playing Uno).

There definitely seems to be some type of virus or something going around as evidenced by Curt and KennyG's entries. I was hoping I wasn't going to get whatever it is, but tonight I can already feel my nose getting stuffed up. Here's hoping it's just allergies and ragweed or something.

And finally I'll close with another picture from the backyard. Who knows, maybe walking around in the backyard earlier this week is why I'm having sinus trouble now.

No comments: