Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hiatus

My computer is temporarily dead. I think the video card died. And by died I mean the fan seems to have locked up and I suspect the card fried itself. So I'm offline and only able to work from the laptop until I can get the video card replaced. If anyone has suggestions for a cheap card that provides a decent amount of power, let me know. For comparison, before I was using an ATI 9800 Pro 128 MB card and that seemed to do just about everything I needed (and apparently is now only $60 at CompUSA, but I can't seem to find a location that's carrying it).

And thanks to Buddy for photoshopping a NASCAR into the picture of Quinn from yesterday (which I'll go ahead and include since I can't access of my media).

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

I like the shadow effect for the car, but the way the shadow is across Quinn it looks like the car should be above and in front of him. By the way he is holding his head and arm back, however, it is clear that the car is above and behind him. Therefore the shadow should not be across his pants, but should appear to be behind his pants.

;-)

JamesF said...

Yes, well I noticed the shadow logistics were off a bit too, but Buddy says he only spent five minutes on it. And if that's the case, I thought it was pretty good for that limited amount of time.

Hmm, I didn't link Buddy's name to his blog, I should rectify that.