Saturday, October 14, 2006

Amanda Comes To Visit

This seems like I should just copy last week's entry. Except this weekend it was Karen and Amanda that came over instead of Ken and Amanda. And Catherine was here instead of being in Richmond. And we didn't go bowling, but played here at the house all day. But aside from those things, it was just like last weekend. Karen and Amanda came over today because their place is getting painted again (the walls this time, last week I believe it was the ceiling). The kids all had a lot of fun playing through the day and Ken did come by eventually and joined us around dinner time (he had been at work most of the day).

I didn't get any pictures of the kids that I feel are really good, but it wasn't from lack of trying. I'll go ahead and post the best of the lot (which will just emphasize how bad some of the other shots must have been). I tried a bunch of close up shots, and none of them really seemed to come out. Not sure if it was the lighting of the fact that I was using the Sigma lens on the camera, but I'll go ahead and blame the lens even though the fault probably was with the photographer. I really need to just bite the bullet and buy the new lens I want. I did notice in the close up shots I took of Quinn that he's starting to show signs of having a lot of moles show up on his skin. I know that's a trait he's gotten from me. Of all the things he could have inherited from me, I was hoping that wasn't going to be one of them. I mean between Ginger and myself, the eyesight of both kids are probably going to be crap, but I was really hoping Quinn wouldn't get the mole thing.




Tomorrow is probably going to be rough, since Quinn didn't actually nap and wasn't in bed and asleep until well after nine tonight. Combine that with how hard he played today and he's more than likely going to be edge most of the day tomorrow. And even though it was very girly, I really liked the outfit Catherine had on today. She looked really cute. It's a shame I didn't have the memory card in the camera when she was showing off her tap dancing and ballet moves (and of course, once I got the card she didn't want to do it anymore).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What lens do you want?

When I do my "arty" kid shots, they are almost always taken with the 50/1.8 on the camera set to f2.8 or wider (usually f2.8 or f2.0) and no flash. I know digital sensors multiply the focal length so a 50 becomes something not quite wide enough, but a fast 35mm or 28mm could do you well (I think Sigma makes a 28/1.8).

I also have a Tokina 28-70/2.8 that I love (the 50/1.8 is a Nikon).

JamesF said...

I'm leaning towards this one.

The FStop isn't the greatest, but it some other features that look really nice.