Thursday, October 19, 2006

Cool Videos

Grammy left today and headed back to Richmond. So that made tonight worse for me since Ginger needed to attend a lecture up at the school tonight. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal at all, but I completely forgot about it and ended up stopping by several stores on the way home and ended up making her run a little late. Trying to get both kids to go to sleep after she left was an experience. Catherine kept crying out for "Mommy" to come put her blanket on (and would kick it off if I tried to put it on). I kept explaining that Mommy wasn't here and she was just going to have to live with it just being me. Quinn would have gone to sleep fine, but every time Catherine would call out he would call me in to ask what Catherine had wanted. I think it took like 45 minutes or more before they went to sleep finally. And with Ginger gone, I can't go down to my cave to play on the computer since I can't hear the kids from down there. So I had to watch a DVD upstairs. And I couldn't even watch TV since most of the shows I have to watch I watch with Ginger. Although now that Grammy has gone home Ginger and I can try and catch up on stuff we missed from this past week (since with Grammy up the TV always seemed to be on that Dancing with the Stars show).

For now for something completely different. I found these videos on the web. They're ads for Sony Bravia (which I think is some LCD flatscreen), but don't let the fact it's an ad stop you from watching. These are simply fantastic. The sheer time and effort that had to go into making these is insane. Both ads require the latest version of Quicktime (version 7 or something I believe), and if you watch the high resolution versions, it's potentially a non trivial download. There's one ad with paint and one ad with balls (and what's the deal with the clown in the paint ad?). I can only imagine how long it took to clean up after shooting these (although cleaning all that paint off the buildings and landscape had to be the worst).

And finally, just for Curt since he asked for it yesterday's comments, I present the infamous Tweety drinking picture from "JamesF: The College Years".

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

With Kellie as Yoko Ono, I believe.

BullBunky said...

Now THIS is entertainment. I want an 8x10 to put on my desk!!