Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm Batman!

Ok, I'm not really Batman (although Quinn was Batman once a long time ago), so I guess I should explain. I'm hoping most people remember the first Tim Burton Batman film. Man, it's hard to believe that was that long ago. I remember that film being the first big screen superhero movie that I thought of as being well done. I felt they 'got it' when it came to translating the character onto the silver screen. I fully believe it set the tone for later films that I feel eventually surpassed it such as X-Men, Spider-Man and even Batman Begins. Anyway, that's not where I was intending to go with that. If you'll remember Michael Keaton in costume during that film, he couldn't turn his head. When he turned he wound up having to turn his entire body. That was me this morning. I woke up with a pinched nerve. I get these every so often and they're really painful. I usually get them after slack off and get negligent in doing the stretches Barry taught me. So this morning, I couldn't turn my head and I was angling my entire body whenever I moved around. Driving in this condition is a pain since it makes it very difficult to look over your shoulder behind you (I get around it by trying to not switch lanes unless absolutely necessary).

Shifting gears (or going from an odd to an end as Scott claims I'm wont to do), since Grammy is up, we now have access to her camera. That means I have access to the pictures they took from where Catherine went to the ballet when she was in Richmond. After the show she got to go backstage and get her picture taken with a bunch of the ballerinas.








And just because I seem to be doing a lot of blog shout outs in this post, I'll point people to John's page where he has some nice pictures from Seattle up.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Ballerinas are cool.

BullBunky said...

So, James, when do you get the molded plastic uniform with the nipples? Oh wait, that's George Clooney's Batman :)

JamesF said...

So, James, when do you get the molded plastic uniform with the nipples?

Ok, for whatever reason I wasn't anticipating the molded nipple questions coming from you.

Funny you should ask that though. I did have a costume myself around that time when Quinn was Batman, I'll see if I can find a picture or something of it tonight.

Scott said...

I was going to say something crass about molded plastic nipple uniforms and the ballerinas pictured, but then I decided not to.

Good thing I showed restraint.