Monday, October 09, 2006

Allergist Appointment

Quinn had an appointment with an allergist today. I only got my info third hand from Ginger, but it sounds as if the Doctor was pleased with how he's doing, especially considering how much pollen there was this past spring. All of which is very good since one of the scenarios if he doesn't continue to do well is shots on a weekly basis for like five years. Which in theory would completely cure him of his allergies, but I have a hard time contemplating the idea of putting him through that if he might somehow grow out of it on his own.

Ginger dropped Catherine off with Karen and Amanda while she took Quinn to the Doctor. I'm a bit fuzzy on the timeline of events, so I don't know when they got there or whether they played for a while or what. All I know is that even though it's a 'holiday' and the kids didn't have to go to school, I still had to go to work.

I do know that over the weekend Quinn missed out on lot of sleep. Apparently he got some of that back today by taking a two hour nap. And let me tell you, he had just gotten up not too long before I got home tonight, and boy was he grumpy. Ginger claims both kids get that from me since I have a tendency to be a bit grumpy when I first wake up or if I'm running on little to no sleep (as a theory, I'll admit it's definitely plausible).

Here's a shot of the kids watching the new PBS Curious George show. George had just done something they thought was funny.


Monday continues to be a big TV night here with the one show I look forward to most still being Heroes. Seems like they're still the process of simply laying groundwork on the show at this point. Spoilers / theories abound from this point on, so don't read if you haven't watched and plan on watching. It seems we may have even gotten the first glimpse of the big bad of the show: Sylar. It seems pretty obvious that he actually has all the powers of the individual cast members. And then there's Peter, who's special power appears to be a Rogue rip-off, meaning he can temporarily use the abilities of the others. He could fly briefly because his brother could, and earlier in the first episode he came into contact with that artist that draws the future and then later drew that picture in the hospital (while on the pain killers, just like the artist does his drawings under the influence) that showed the scene with him 'flying' next to his brother. The only thing I can't explain so far is the 'bond' he shares with his brother about how he knew when he had been injured (not that we saw this, but the character explained it had happened). And since he couldn't fly this episode, it would seem he can only take these abilities temporarily. And so far I'm having a really hard time believing the girl that's helping Mohinder isn't actually one of the bad guys.

No comments: