Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Day At Pebble Creek

Ginger had nursery duty at church today. So she wasn't in the service with me so she didn't hear the news. The pastor at our church is leaving. It certainly seemed like from the way it was being talked about that this had come up before and was a known thing. If so they must have announced it a while back when we were in the new members class, because I certainly don't recall hearing anything about it before today (and from Ginger's reaction when I told her, she hadn't heard anything either).

After church we headed out to lunch. We tried eating at what used to be Catbo's, but is now Border Cafe. So here's my opinion, back when the restaurant was Catbo's, it was just a mediocre restaurant. And I can also say I think it was much better back when it was Catbo than it is now (if you're getting the impression we didn't like it, that would be an accurate assessment, so I think they need to change their "good eats" slogan).

While we were at lunch, I could hear the television in the other room with the Redskins football game. This caught me off guard, because Quinn and I had been invited over to Rob and Gretchen's to watch the game (Ginger was also invited, but she was going to have to go pick up Catherine from her visit to Richmond over the weekend). For some reason, I had thought the game was going to be at four, so I realized we were already late.

Once we got home, Quinn and I headed over to Rob and Gretchen's Which they refer to as Pebble Creek. Strangely enough, I can't find a reference to Pebble Creek in Rob's Wiki. Tsk tsk, one would think he would be keeping that more up to date, guess I'll have to fix that by adding the entry myself (you gotta love being able to edit someone else's web pages).


Quinn played with all the other kids downstairs for a bit (okay, okay, we both played with the kids downstairs). Eventually Quinn convinced all the other kids they wanted to go outside and play on the equipment outside. The kids volunteered me to go out and be the resident adult supervising them. The only problem with that plan is no one realized how muddy it was back there. The funniest part of it was I finally met a kid that is even more anal about getting dirty than Quinn. One of the kids got some mud on one of his fingers and started to get really upset. I foolishly suggested he just wipe it on his sweatshirt and the response I got was "Noooo, it'll get dirty." So I ended up taking a couple of the kids back inside so they could clean up and not worry about getting dirty. By the time I got back outside, Quinn and Autumn were already getting into trouble by trying to get to the creek.




After the party was completely over, Quinn and I headed home. On the way back home we stopped at a school along the road and Quinn played on the playground there for a while. To his credit, he tried doing the monkey bars. I got a nice photo of him swinging between the bars. Unfortunately he slipped and fell right after that. He didn't hurt anything except for maybe his pride (he was trying show off for a little five year old girl who had just been on the monkey bars by trying to show that he could do it too).


Once we got home and had some dinner, Ginger and Catherine eventually showed up. I know I've commented in the past that I don't like her being completely girly, so I can only assume Ginger's mother has some axe to grind with me by sending Catherine home looking like this (I'm joking, I don't actually think she does it just to upset me, I think that's just a bonus *grin*).

3 comments:

Scott said...

So, is the title of your post a typo, or some clever play on words that I'm not seeing?

Peeble vs. Pebble?

JamesF said...

Typo, thanks. Corrected.

Anonymous said...

Curious minds want to know: what's your beef with girly stuff?