Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fools

I didn't follow all the April Fools stuff on the web this year (more than likely to due April 1st falling on a Saturday). But I see it's been more or less summarized on Wikpedia. I made the mistake of trying to explain April Fools to the kids. That went well. "So it's one day out of the year where you don't have to tell the truth." As you're saying the words, you realize how bad it sounds. I got "the look" from Ginger when I did it.


The weather was nice today. It was rather windy, and there was some really weird cloud activity that was going on in the middle of the day. But for the most part it was just a really nice day. It was nice enough that flowers were starting to bloom. My Mom is still up, so when the kids napped today, Ginger and I headed back over to Best Buy and picked up a new DVD player. You may ask why we needed another player when we have three in the house already (not counting the ones in the computers). Barry has convinced me that I need one of the DVD recorders that has a firewire interface. So we got one. I haven't played around with it yet.

When the kids were outside today, they played around with some egg hiding and hunting. I'm fairly certain we now have less eggs than we did when the day started, but losing a couple probably isn't too bad.

Ginger and my Mom decided it would be fun to leave me all alone with the kids and go to a stamping party tonight. As they were driving away, I decided this probably wasn't an April Fools joke. So me and kids played outside for a bit, and after we finished, Quinn decided he wanted to go to "a sit down restaurant." He then managed to convince Catherine she wanted to go too. So we all headed out to Red Robin for dinner. We got there around 7:30. I was expecting the place to be packed and have a huge wait, but the place was desolate. I would say half the tables were available. I later learned that the George Mason final four game was tonight so that more than likely accounts for the lack of activity at the restaurant (I also heard GMU lost, which is a shame). When Ginger finally got back home it was well after midnight. Here's a sample of some of the cards she made.


2 comments:

Scott said...

Superb pictures!!

I found the best way to teach the kids about April Fool's is to let them experience it firsthand. All day, I would say stuff like, "Luke, there's a tarantula on your back! ... April Fool's!" "Eddie, you have school today! ... April Fool's!"

They quickly caught on and were doing it themselves.

I guess I'm just a seven-year-old at heart. AFD must be a male holiday. I think if the world were only peopled with women, the holiday would never have existed.

Although now that I write that, I may have to change my words... Becky short-sheeted the kids beds last night!

Barry said...

I so glad you took the bait on the DVD ;-) Just Kidding. I'm excited to know how it works.

Great dandelion picture.