Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Why I Dislike Dr Suess

We have the Suess book "If I Ran The Zoo" on CD
It's currently in Ginger's car (we may have gotten it free)

But the constant listening to Suess in the car
has made my love of Suess books now extremely sub par

But the kids love it and ask for it day after day
But it's been driving me batty I sorry to say

And even though it's unnatural, except to Don King
I don't mind the rhyming, but it's just not my thing

What bothers me more than it should is the use
of the fake words, which I think is just an excuse

to make a rhyme work, but it's not to my taste,
and makes the literary work seem debased

The words for all the things he makes up and he uses
when trying to teach my kids english, it only confuses

In most of Suess books, I admit the moral is quite good
but for small kids (such as mine), it's often not understood

But the Zoo book has no moral, at least not that I've seen
it's just random nonsense with not much inbetween

So when we took my car on Monday, the CD wasn't there
and with the kids some of my music I decided to share

How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb by U2
which the kids really loved after a song or two

So now when the kids get in the car they request
the fast song by "The Band", cause they think it's the best


The kids have been using my tripods as microphones and performing some songs. I don't know if they're trying to sing the U2 songs or something else. It's been very amusing though. Maybe they're practicing for American Idol. I took some pictures, but with them moving around constantly it's hard to get anything really good. I got Quinn crooning in one picture and Catherine belting it out in another.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Your post is pleasing to the brax, the krull and the schnuff.
But they think that you posted not nearly enough.

Schnuff Enough!
Enough Schnuff!

Posting, posting, not nearly enough!

Curt Sawyer said...

There once was a man from Nantucket...

Maybe that isn't appropriate here...