Friday, April 14, 2006

They're Back....


Ginger and kids returned today, since I had Ginger's car, Ginger's Mom and her brother drove them up. The trip was evidently uneventful, although their trip back home took around 4 hours (early on a Friday afternoon heading south on 95, go figure).

The following video is of one of the pesky squirrels that keeps getting on our bird feeder, even after we put up the squirrel guard. I think I may have solved the problem now though. A couple days ago I stopped by Home Depot and got a little piece of chain, so now the feeder is hanging lower, so the squirrels shouldn't be able to reach it anymore. We'll see how long till they circumvent the latest setup. Fair warning about the video, about a 1/3 of the way into it Quinn starts filming, even with the Handycam's patented shaky camera technology it wasn't able to smooth out some of his filming. If you make it through and you're wondering what it is I yell, I'm doing my grumpy old man imitation (which is requiring less and less effort on my part every year) as I yell at the squirrel to "Get off our yard!"



Squirrel Gets Onto Bird Feeder, Quinn Films Crazy Cam Style


And I'll leave you with a picture of a couple paintings my cousin Will did. For Ginger's birthday, I commissioned Will do an oil painting of each of the kids. I thought it was a pretty unique gift.

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

Heh, I think considering most of his work seems to involve flames or skulls, that the kids came off easy :)