Saturday, April 22, 2006

Rainy Saturday

It rained for most of the day today. There was a brief window this afternoon between one and five (or thereabouts) where it stopped for a while. The front of our house doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight (by not a lot, I really mean none), so the bushes there with flowers are taking a bit longer than they should to really start to bloom. But I got a couple of what I thought were nice and somewhat interesting pictures while it wasn't raining. Since it's late, and I don't plan on having a ton of text, I'm going to forgo my normal small pics interlaced with the text and just put up the big honking pictures.











After that the kids decided they wanted to go for a walk. Which really meant they wanted to ride their bikes. I think we're going to have go out and get Quinn a real bike soon if for no other reason than he has almost outgrown his tricycle, and Catherine has definitely outgrown hers. Catherine actually likes riding Quinn's tricycle more than her own, since hers is so small she has to peddle like mad in order to keep up with us. As it was, Quinn was always off in the distance ahead of us and Catherine was lingering behind me. So if we get Quinn his own bike, then Catherine can take over Quinn's current tricycle. This won't solve the 'Quinn goes faster and Catherine falls behind problem', but at least it'll make the ride more enjoyable for Catherine.

The kids already had an idea of where the 'walk' was going to go. And we ended up at one of the neighborhood parks. The kids had their trained monkey (me) push them on the swings for a bit, then they played on some of the equipment. Right before we left, they did the swings again, but this time Quinn was pushing Catherine. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of it. Turns out none of the pictures I took of the kids were all that good. The reason being was I had switched the camera over to "Close Up" mode for the flower pictures, and had forgotten to switch it back. D'oh!

We rounded out the day by the whole family going to Red Robin for dinner (we stopped by KFC on the way to get some popcorn chicken for Quinn to have there). One of the TVs completely across the restaurant (but still visible from our table) had the Cartoon Network playing. It was playing the old school "Tom & Jerry" cartoons. You know, the ones that are mega violent. The kids were fascinated with them and just laughed and laughed at the antics. Hope the brief viewing didn't install any violent behaviors in them. Although Catherine was asking at one point why the mouse was trying to cut the cat with scissors, since as she said "You're only suppose to use scissors on paper". I was really glad she understood that since I didn't want her going after the cats with scissors now.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Azaleas look nice... thanks for the props on my page. Sometimes I get down when I come in near last place for my age group in all the swims I do. But then I have to remember, I'm up against some pretty tough competition!

Curt Sawyer said...

I watched the old Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry cartoons as a child and I'm not violent. So shut the frack up about them before I punch you in the head.

BullBunky said...

Yeah Curt. No violent tirades from you :)

And James, I will say that MY particular favorite is the narrow panoramic style photo.

Barry said...

Great azalea pictures, really nice.