Friday, April 07, 2006

Quinn's Bad Morning

Quinn had a really rough morning. He woke up around 6 AM, and inside of going back to sleep, decided to read some comic books (I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed). Since he didn't get enough sleep, he was on edge. Add to that he had new pants that didn't snap the way he was used to but rather hooked, and things got worse when he couldn't get it to work immediately. Then on the way to school, I realized I didn't know if he had brought his Eggo waffle and I made the mistake of asking him if he had it. Once he realized he didn't have it he had a complete meltdown in the car screaming that we had to go back to get it. I managed to get him mostly calmed down by the time we got to school, but it wasn't meant to last. It was raining off and on all day, and as Quinn was running down the sidewalk he looked back to see where Catherine and I were (to make sure we couldn't beat him) and he slipped and wiped out (I feel for him, that looking back while running will kill you every time, in fact, I remember this one time on the drill field at Tech...). He ended up bumping his forehead and scraping his nose. So he basically wasn't a happy camper this morning. Luckily he was mostly better when Ginger picked him up at lunch. The bump on his forehead seemed to be gone, but his nose is going to have the scrapes on it for a while.

Since my car is out of commission for the time being, Ginger and the kids came by and took me to lunch (we went to Wendy's). Then I had to wait for everyone to wake up from their naps and come get me (I had actually secured a ride home with Rex, but in between the time when I asked him for the ride and the time he left he forgot about me). We stopped by Best Buy and Radio Shack for some video cables (and I needed a firewire cable). Catherine saw a remote control car in Radio Shack that had a Barbie (or maybe an imitation Barbie) it it and decided she had to have it. She wanted "the new girl" and didn't want to play with her "old girls".
Since I wasn't able to get home at a reasonable time though, I'm lacking in any pictures to share today.

I tested out the new DVD recorder last night. And so far I'm not overly impressed with the results. I recorded a couple TV shows onto DVD (connected to the Tivo to the DVDs input), and at this point I don't know if the recordable DVDs I have are poor quality (they are over 1 year old) or if it's the recorder, but when I played the DVD back in another DVD player, there were sound issues and really bad pixelization at some points.

No comments: