Saturday, April 08, 2006

Ice Cream For Everyone

Not much to report today, but let's face facts, that hasn't stopped me in the past. I was up really late last night playing Half-Life 2. I finally started playing it after owning the game for over a year. I think the computer I have now is just barely powerful enought to run the game. I gotta admit, the game is fun though.

Quinn was pretty excited today, because it was Saturday and it was raining. He knows those are condition where it's ripe that he may get to play Nintendo. So I let him play for a bit before lunch. Quinn's nose is still scraped up pretty bad from his fall yesterday. Catherine tried to play too, but even though they were just playing Mario Kart, she was having a lot of trouble playing. After we all had lunch we made a grocery store run, and topped it off by going by "Old McDonald's" to get some ice cream for everyone except me (I got fries, I was still hungry since I had missed breakfast).

Once we got home, everyone ate their snack. Sadly I missed getting a picture of Catherine with the best ice cream milk mustache I've ever seen, but while I was getting the camera, Ginger cleaned her mouth off. After snack the kids went to take a nap, and while they did that, I snuck downstairs and played some more Half-Life. When Quinn got up, I took him to the comic book store to get another couple of Mickey Mouse comics since he likes the ones he has so much. As we left the comic book store we saw one of the most spectacular sunsets I've seen in quite a while. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera, so I only managed to capture the aftermath of it once we got home (see the photo below). Dinner was almost ready when we got back, and Catherine was just getting woken up. After dinner the kids bounced around on the couch for a bit before having to head upstairs to bed for the night. Then I headed downstairs for more Half-Life (I'm hoping the game isn't too long, otherwise I might look like the living dead by the end of the week from lack of sleep).

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

Sounds like quite the casual Saturday. Looks like YOU got OUR rain for the day. (Today, our rain is back!)