Sunday, April 09, 2006

They're Gone

Ginger took the kids and went to her mother's. I guess she's had enough of me and left. Either that or this was a planned vacation thing over the kid's spring break from school. I'm pretty sure it's one of those two.

The morning started out normal enough. We all rushed around getting ready for church since we needed to be there early today. Today was Ginger's turn to work the nursery (she watched the 1-3 year olds I believe). While I thought church attendance was in the crapper today (there were probably half the number of people there that normally show up) apparently everyone that did go had a kid. Ginger ended up with 7 kids in the nursery, and the person that was suppose to help her this week evidently was a no show and off on vacation. Luckily someone at the church realized what was going on and eventually they found some teenager to help her out.

After that we stopped for some take out from Baja Fresh and then came home for lunch. Once we had finished lunch we packed everyone's stuff for the trip. Quinn called Grammy and Pop Pop to tell them he was coming (you know, just in case it was going to be a surprise to them). He hasn't quite figured out the fact that the person on the other side of the phone can't actually see what he sees. So he was going into a lot of detail about his new Mickey Mouse comic book. Quinn then proceeded to put so much stuff in his "Pack Pack" that he could barely lift it. Luckily he conned Catherine into helping him carry it. Now she just had to follow him around holding up the back pack. Once we were in the car, the kids broke out their video games. Ginger had gotten them both headsets so that we wouldn't have to listen to the music. I think that lasted about 10 minutes before Catherine ditched her's and another 10 or so before Quinn decided he didn't want to wear his either. Quinn with the head phones on is pretty amusing. With the head phones on, he can't hear himself as well, so he talks louder thinking that we must not be able to hear him either. Having him practically screaming "I came in third" when his race was over was pretty funny (at least the first 4 or 5 times). During the trip, Quinn asked why there were bars on the ceiling you could hold. Ginger explained to him that you need those to hang on if I'm driving (she's hysterical sometimes).

Grammy and Pop Pop met us halfway. The plan had been for Ginger to just drive down, but since I have no car I had commandeered the kid's car for the week. So that meant I got to drive everyone halfway down to Richmond then I turned around and came back.

I got back home close to 6. I had planned on doing something to celebrate my week of pseudo bachelor freedom. I thought about going to see a movie, but Ben (my movie buddy) wasn't feeling up to it, and I'm not one of those people that can go watch a movie by themselves. Unless I'm on travel, then I don't have a problem with it. It's odd. Anyway, I ended up playing Half-Life for most of the night (seriously, who didn't see that coming).

The following photos are for the Quinn and Catherine to check out since they're not here. The top photo are Catherine's plants that she's growing. As you can see, there have been some sprouts. The next picture are Quinn's plants (the cups) and Ginger's plant (in the big pot). It looks like there might be one plant starting in both of the far right cups and possibly in Ginger's pot. I didn't know they used the same seeds, but if they did, then maybe that's not just a miscolored pixel but a small plant. Guess it will be easier to tell tomorrow. Since Blogger shrinks images automagically, the raw images will be here (Catherine's plants) and here (Quinn and Ginger's plants) for a bit (until I need to recoup some of my 100 Meg).




And last, but certainly not least, I wanted Quinn to know that his brick is still in the backyard (raw image here).

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

Glad to know the brick is safe and sound. It is strangely comforting.