Friday, April 21, 2006

Farfegnugen? I Suspect Farfromfixedem

I forgot to mention some stuff yesterday. I wanted to send out my thanks to Volkswagon. Some backstory first: a $12 part (coolant temperature sensor) went bad with no warning and then caused $2700 in damage to my car from coolant leaking into the electrical devices. Flash forward to current time. Part of what was repaired was the Electronic Control Module and the Electronic Harness. Now I don't know what those two parts do, but I'm willing to bet one of them controls the cruise control since IT DIDN'T WORK during my 7 hours in the car as I drove to PA and back this week. That was pretty annoying.

4 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Volkswagon consistantly scores pretty low in Consumer Reports, particularly in reliability.

Barry said...

This is what to the last VW had its coolant sensor go bad...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8441229776166190356&q=volkswagon&pl=true

JamesF said...

Ok, that's a pretty funny video. I do wonder why the guy just happened to have someone with him with a camera running. Was this the first run after he souped up the car or something?

Scott said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles, dude. Rob Cloud is also annoyed with his VW. Sucks.