Friday, April 28, 2006

How Much Is A Penny Worth?

Notice the penny. It's a little beat up. How much would you pay for that penny? What if I told you that penny cost more than $100? Would you believe me? Would you buy it from me (please say yes)? What's that? You want to know why this penny would be worth that much? Well, that's how much we had to pay the plumber who came out to our house and dislodged that penny from our garbage disposal (which may I just say, $100 for less than 10 minutes of actual work? I am so in the wrong business). Truth to tell, we didn't know something was lodged in the disposal when we called the guy to come out (I suspected it, and had tried to poke around in it, but wasn't able to locate a problem). Turns out there's a little knob at the bottom of the disposal you can tweak to try and dislodge stuff from the blades (information that would have been useful earlier, but still good to know). So how did this happen? We didn't have a clue. So when the guy pulled the penny out, we turned to the usual suspect and asked Quinn if he had put any money into the sink. He assured us he hadn't and it was pretty obvious he was telling the truth. Then we started thinking it was Catherine. And as we were starting to question Catherine, Quinn chimed in and said "Maybe it's the penny I put into my cereal yesterday." Beautiful. Just beautiful.

When I got home, Ginger and the kids were around back and in the process of repopulating the sand box with sand. Both kids played with that for a good bit. While they were playing, that gave me some time to wander around the backyard and take some photos. Nothing spectacular today, but you can't knock them all out of the park.






We fired up the grill tonight and had hot dogs. While the dogs were cooking I went down and started clearing some weeds / bushes from part of the backyard. Ginger knows exactly what buttons of mine to push, since she just offhandedly mentioned we needed to clear that out. I said I could get to it eventually and she said not to worry about it, we could just pay someone to do it. Now I'm out there pulling up bushes and weeds like a madman. Found a turtle in the weeds while I pulling stuff up. Called the kids over so they could see him. Neither seemed overly interested in it after getting a look at him. The fact he was completely immobile might have had something to do with the diminished fun factor.

Lastly, after this post of Scott's and the ensuing comments, I couldn't resist adding a link to this Civil War Promo.

No comments: