Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Kill Me Now

I got *maybe* two hours of sleep last night. The cough I've got just wasn't letting me go to sleep. I exiled myself to the couch downstairs because I was afraid all the coughing would keep Ginger from being able to sleep (apparently that was unnecessary though since she said never even heard me coughing). This morning Ginger got up with Catherine and then I went back upstairs to bed. Ginger took Catherine to school and since she has ballet today also, she wasn't planning on coming home till lunch, which meant I would be responsible for Quinn. After they left for school, I was able to sleep for about 20 minutes before Quinn woke up.

The good news is Quinn is feeling much better. No more fever to speak of, he still has a cough, but it is very intermittent. The bad news is I'm still running a mild fever (100.6 degrees) and Quinn is feeling much better. That means he's chatty and wants to play. And since I was feeling like death warmed over and operating on little to no sleep, I just couldn't deal with it. I made him a breakfast of pancakes, and he even ate all 9 of them (they were little silver dollar sized). But then he kept wanting me to play with him and asking me stuff. Some of which were valid questions (like why do cars have four wheels instead of three), but I just didn't feel up to dealing with it. I eventually took the cheap cop out and let him play Mario Kart for a bit to keep him from asking me to play with him. I know using a video game as a babysitter is terrible, but I just wasn't up to being able to really play with him like he wanted (and he wouldn't stop asking me stuff).

Eventually Ginger came home, and I was able to go try and sleep. I think I got to sleep for about half an hour before I could hear Quinn screaming about something (I think it was bath related). Once Quinn's screaming woke me up, I came downstairs to get something for lunch. Catherine was playing with the Prince from her Cinderella set. And now I know he's not anatomically correct. For whatever reason she had stripped the Prince down to nothing but his shoes. When I asked what was going on, she said that he had taken off his pants because he had peed in them. When I asked about the shirt, she told me he had peed on that too (and I'm thinking to myself, that guy is just out of control). I assume it's role play stuff since she just went through the whole potty training thing. I helped 'wash' the Prince's pants and shirt and helped him put his clothes back on. But no sooner had I done that than she brought him over to me and told him he had peed in his shoes, and we had to wash those too (at this point, I'm thinking the Prince really ought to go get that checked by a doctor).

Eventually it was time for the kids to nap. And I was actually able to get a couple of hours of sleep at that point. But it wasn't meant to last, I woke up around six burning up and sweating profusely, but with the bonus of chills. I'm guessing the Ibuprofen I had taken earlier in the day had worn off. I took some imitation DayQuil that Ginger had bought for me, and after about an hour felt a little better. Still had this really nasty cough deep in my chest though. I tried sleeping again but I just couldn't get to sleep. Ginger and the kids ordered Pizza Hut for dinner, so I had one piece when I came downstairs. I think Ginger took a couple of pictures of the kids today since I heard Quinn talking about having a picture taken with a milk mustache, but I haven't taken any (been too out of it). Maybe tomorrow I can get the mustache picture online if it's good.

Ginger tells me the house assessment came today and it's gone up again. Which means we'll be paying even more on our monthly payment to cover the taxes. Yay. In case you're wondering why we moved to our current house, this might help explain things (it's from end of summer 2003):


3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Rather than move to a bigger house, you could have just gotten rid of a lot of "stuff". Moving from a house to a Manhattan apartment does wonders for minimizing the amount of crap one has.

Hope you feel better!

Barry said...

Hope you feel better. Are these movies the result of your latest video import mania?

JamesF said...

There were other reasons for moving. Such as Ginger being let go by MCI, so we no longer needed to live near Pentagon City. It just made sense to move closer to where I worked (the bigger house was just a bonus).

The recent wave of movies are from where a week or so ago I uploaded a lot of older clips I had made. The reason I'm throwing them in is because while I've been sick I haven't been able to do a lot of picture taking and I'm just looking for ways to reference the old clips so I can have some content other just text. Has it been that obvious?