Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Titles? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Titles

Once again the kids didn't have school. What's up with that anyway, I remember when I was going to school the only time you got five days off was when there was two feet of snow. Anyway, so not much really happened today around here. Although you wouldn't know that from asking Quinn. When I got home from work, Quinn had apparently just woken up from his nap, and was in the process of describing to Ginger how one of the wrecks in the Daytona 500 had played out.

Once he finished detailing the wreck, Ginger made a snack for him to have before dinner. So as he was munching on his popcorn he was telling me about his day. You think it's tedious reading through the minute details I put on here, then you should listen to Quinn tell me about his day. It was they took Catherine to ballet. Then there was some story about playing with the kids before class started. Then he left with Ginger. And they walked across the street. And they and got hot coffee (for him that means warm milk from Starbucks). And then went back to get Catherine. Then they left the building. Then they got into the car. Then they buckled their seatbelts. Etc, etc.

The story of his day went on for a good while, there was a trip to the book store, the grocery store, home, back to the book store and home again (now that I think about all that, maybe it's inaccurate to say not much happened). About the time the story was ending Catherine woke up from her nap. She was less talkative than Quinn, but overall in a pretty good mood (relatively speaking for her upon waking up).

Once the kids were in bed Ginger watched part of a syndicated episode of "Sex and the City" (I think she was killing time until she knew for sure the kids were asleep). I've been working on trying to make a video focusing on Catherine (since it was recently her birthday), but getting all the different video together has been tough. I really should have been pulling this stuff off the tape on a regular basis instead of waiting until 5 years after I got the camera to finally start saving it to the computer. On a related note, does anyone know where I can get a decent instrumental version of The Beatles "A Day in the Life"?

I let the computer pull off two hours worth of tape while I watched "The Island" on DVD downstairs. Apparently I'm getting old and my eyesight is terrible, I almost had to go get my glasses to be able to watch the 35 inch screen from 10 feet away (I couldn't read some of the LED message screens, so instead of getting my glasses I just moved closer). The movie itself was okay. It came from Netflix, so had a brief description of the movie on the DVD slipcover. Unfortunately it revealed a little more detail about the movie than I wanted to know going into it. The movie itself was really stretching credibility at points, but I suppose overall it was a decent popcorn action flick. Nothing spectacular, but good enough that I stayed up way later than I wanted to finish it (that and the computer was still recording and I didn't want to put up my blog entry until the capture had finished for fear of dropping frames in the capture process). During all this Ginger I believe watched "In Her Shoes" on DVD upstairs. I don't know what she thought of it, but I'll get her opinion and try to put it on tomorrow.

I know everyone's disappointed, but no sunset pictures today (one has to get home before the sun sets in order to get those).

2 comments:

Barry said...

I watched "The Island" four times while traveling on airplanes. Not the greatest venue to fantasize about Scarlett Johanson.

JamesF said...

Spoilers ahead!

So when they're on the truck and dropping the huge barbells off the back. Why do you think the guy in the truck just keeps right on driving like he doesn't have a care in the world? Oh look, I just lost all my cargo and caused a 50 car accident. Better keep on truckin'. Or are we suppose to be the truck was automated and not being driven?