Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Smile

It was snowing this morning. They predicted only minor flurries with no accumulation. But it was actually pretty heavy through most of the morning with some accumulation on the ground, but luckily nothing on the roads. And most of it had melted away by the end of the day (except for the stuff right in the front of our house which seems to never get any direct sunlight). That didn't stop traffic from being a bit worse than normal though. And I had to be in early today for a meeting with Security about setting up an area for us to do some development. Turns out that all our issues were already taken care of (wish I had known that before going in early).

The snow wasn't enough to delay schools or anything, so Quinn was back in school today. Catherine wasn't, but that's because she had her first dentist appointment today and it conflicted with school. Ginger said Catherine did great. The doctor pointed out that one tooth may have been slightly injured at some point, but it was so minor he couldn't tell for sure. Catherine also got some X-Rays of her teeth taken, and she did didn't have any problems getting them taken. This is such a contrast with Quinn getting his teeth X-Rayed. When Quinn gets his done you would think they were torturing him from the screams. Usually it gets so bad they send Ginger and myself out of the room and bring in the main dentist who ends up putting Quinn into some half nelson headlock or something. But Catherine apparently just sat there and didn't say a thing.

On the trip to the dentist Ginger's anti lock brake light and traction light came on indicating there was some problem with the car. So I came home for lunch and swapped cars and took her car to Craven to get it fixed. They seemed iffy about being able to get it done today, although they assured me they would be able to run the diagnostic to just see what the problem was (just hooking their computer up to the car to get the error codes results in a fee of over $100, ouch). I should have known that the car wouldn't get done, since they told me they would try to get to it, but right before I left one of the guys from back came out and started giving me this story about how their diagnostic guy had two cars to do before mine. So he indicated they would most likely have to keep it overnight. I wasn't expecting them to fix it, but to be honest, I had expected them to at least run the diagnostic. So when I called them at like 15 minutes to closing to ask the status, I got told they had looked at it, and it could be one of three things. In my head I translated that into "We looked at the lights that were on, but didn't actually run the diagnostic to get the error code." If they had actually hooked it up, they should have known what the problem was. So maybe that'll get done tomorrow. Until then Ginger has commandeered my car and I'm now carless. Without car. No longer possessing a car. I'm now officially that guy at work who asks you for a ride. I bummed a ride home from Rex since it's at least partially on his way.

Once I got home the kids were in the process of looking for all the miniature Calico Critter pieces that had been strewn all across the room (have I mentioned I don't like those because of all the small pieces?). After I helped find all those Quinn and Catherine started working together building with their Lincoln Logs. It was really nice to see them working together on a project without fighting. I think Quinn did most of the work, but Catherine was definitely helping put on pieces. From hearing Quinn talk about it. I think he's been working with the logs at school.

Tonight we had Chili for dinner. I'm guessing few people will be visiting me in my office tomorrow. And tonight was also the last night Quinn had to have his ear drops. Thank goodness, because every night it's this five minute long standoff before we can do the drops. I'm just glad that's done. After the kids were asleep I watched some Daily Shows from last week. Think I have a good chance at catching up completely because all last week the Colbert Reports were repeats. Ginger used to time to start watching her latest Netflix DVD, Disc 1 from Grey's Anatomy season one. And she said she liked the "In Her Shoes" movie from last night for anyone that was interested.

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

I'm just impressed that they still make Lincoln Logs!