Monday, February 06, 2006

On the Road Again

Another fun filled 8 hours in the car today as I headed up to PA. For some reason people up there were in a really good mood. Something about some football game or something. The trip turned out to be way more informative that I thought it was going to be. I'm really glad I went. Well, except for the fact that it was snowing and the roads were icy and the temperature was 19 degrees during part of the trip (cold enough that the windshield washer fluid was freezing). The snow started nine minutes (and one mountain) after this picture. I know the photo isn't all that great, but I snapped it from car.


It took a lot longer to get on the road this morning than I wanted. I had planned on leaving at 7, but the car was so iced up this morning that I didn't get going until 7:15, and then I had to stop by work to get some papers and sign my peep's timesheets. I was finally on the road by 7:45. Once I finally arrived in PA, my car was more than a little dirty from all the ash on the road. Oh, and about 3/4 of the way up, the "workshop maintenance" required light came on, so I'll be taking the car in to have it looked at soon I suspect.

Luckily I had replaced two of the CDs in my car for the trip. Over the weekend I bought "The Best of the Smithereens." Ginger laughed at me for buying it since she has all the albums. But it was only $6, and I don't have a dashboard CD player (it's a 6 CD changer in the trunk), so having all the good songs on one CD works for me. The other CD I took along was the new U2's "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb". Since two new CDs went in that means two CDs had to leave, so Thomas the Tank Engine and Paula Abdul got kicked to the curb. The Paula Abdul CD was in there from earlier in the year. Ginger put it in without me knowing as a joke, and I've just been too lazy to take it out. On my last trip to PA I used the CD player more than I normally do (my 8 minute commute to work doesn't let me really get through CDs, so I stick with NPR in the mornings), I figured I would put someone in that I wanted to hear. Good thing too since it appears all the NPR stations are in the process of doing fund raising.

I got home around 8:45, just as the kids were getting into bed. Quinn's coughing (and Ginger said earlier he was sneezing), so he appears to have gotten sick. Not surprised since he was at Gymboree yesterday, that place is basically a germ factory with all the revolving kids that come and play.

And this is for John, after the kids were asleep Ginger and I watched "How I Met Your Mother", "Two and a Half Men" and "Courting Alex".

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

Yes, its true. I can't sleep at night until I hear what you watched on TV. :)