Friday, February 17, 2006

No School

No school for the kids today (I assume because it is President's day). That didn't mean no work for me though. The kids went and got their haircut this morning, and then afterwards came by my work and had lunch (from Old McDonalds) with me in my office. We had the door closed, so I'm hoping their chattering didn't disturb other people working. After that they headed off the to doctor's office to check on Catherine's ear. Which apparently is a little pink or something. So now she's got some of the same medicine Quinn has. According to the doctor, it's not uncommon for children with a virus to develop neck muscle spasms (this was news to me, I had never heard of such a thing before).

It was another warm one out today, so the snowmen are basically toast. And by toast I actually mean devoling into their primordial matter states. Although in their current state they kind of look like those crop circles.

By the time Ginger and the kids got home, it was really too late for a nap, so they stayed up and had an early dinner and then went to bed early. I came home early so I could see them for a bit and read to them before they went to bed. And in addition there seems to be a lot of preparing we need to do for Catherine's birthday. I managed to get home just as the sun had finished setting so I rattled off this shot from the backyard.



I finished working on the sledding video last night, and it's been approved by Google (now with more Googly goodness). This one only took me maybe 5 hours, which really it shouldn't have, because there's nothing all that special in it. But it's almost 3 times longer than the last one (it's clocking in around 8 minutes), so be warned. Also, it's basically the same joke over and over, so it may be a bit boring (unless you're me). The Ginger review of this is something akin to "Well, at least there's less flashing in this one." Which means it's not that great, so don't be expecting anything from the academy on this one.


Sledding: Fitz Clan Style

5 comments:

Barry said...

I liked it! Though a bit repetitive.
And I thought the ending was great.

How did you do the "star trek" effect of beaming into the frame?

JamesF said...

It's when you use the 'dissolve' transition effect. It just so happens if the background doesn't move, it looks like the star trek transporter effect on the things that change location.

And you're right, it's way too repetitive.

BullBunky said...

I love the sunset! Subtle and artistic :)

Scott said...

Ok, so the video is a hoot, but I read Barry's comments and fast-forwarded to the end, which was great! No touching, no touching, no touching, back up to HERE! Jeez, just like my kids.

How'd you take the sunset photo? tripod, slow shutter, and panoramic mode? Or did you crop it to get the panoramic aspect ratio?

JamesF said...

The sunset picture was simply snapping a picture. No tripod or anthing. Although it does represent my first use of Picasa to touch up a picture (I used the "Fill Light" option).

And it was just cropped for panoramic and after cropping I think I shrank the image some also (simply because I don't know for sure yet whether blogspot has a hard size limit on pictures).