Sunday, February 26, 2006

Whatever You Do, Don't Drink the Tea!

Quinn woke up this morning around 7:30 running a higher fever (it was 101.8 degrees) than he had yesterday. Luckily I was able to give him some Motrin without it turning into the 10 minute standoff it normally is. After he took the medicine he wanted to get up, but I convinced him to go back to sleep. After he finally he got up, the Motrin had kicked in and his fever was down around normal levels. Since he was sick though, we had to bail on going to church. And I think I may be catching whatever it is Quinn has (I seem to have a nasty cough now, no fever yet).

I drank my last Coke yesterday. So this morning I was really jonesin for a caffeine hit. I was doing really good with no caffeine (ten years I was free of the stuff) right up until Catherine was born, then <John Madden Voice>BAM</John Madden Voice>, I was hooked again. Anyway, Ginger mentioned she had some fancy smancy tea that she could make for me, so I said sure. Word of advice to people out there. If (hypothetically speaking of course) after you receive tea from your wife / spouse / significant other who mentions right after giving it to you that "Oh, by the way, it looks like that tea went out of date in 1998", DON'T JUST DRINK IT ANYWAY! I'm not going to go into great details about how I came to this startling conclusion, but please, learn from my mistakes.

Eventually I was feeling better enough to go to the grocery store and buy some Coke. The kids were watching a On the Farm video when I left and it had just finished when I returned. Since we stayed home the kids did more of the same stuff they normally do. Both did some cutting with their cutting books. Quinn played some video games throughout the day (with Catherine watching, see below). After their naps we played around downstairs. I had originally been trying to keep Quinn from being too active, but when I removed the couch cushions and turned the couch into a trampoline (I'm sure Ginger was thrilled), that plan went out the window. I took some video of them bouncing around, so you may or may not see it eventually. At some point today the memory card for the Nintendo decided to stop working. I was about in tears since I think I have saved games on there for like ten different games (I really don't like the idea of having to start completely over on Zelda: Windwalker). For the record, the memory card was a third party card made by MadCatz. I'm going on record saying that in the future for things like memory cards for game systems I will only be buying name brands.

Quinn's doing well, and Catherine's cheering him on


Catherine's tries to give Quinn a kiss


As I was reading to the kids tonight, Catherine was wiggling around on my lap and jabbing me in my stomach. During that I came to the realization that I still wasn't completely recovered from the tea. After the kids were asleep I caught completely up on Colbert Reports. I am now done with those and I have nothing on the Tivo I need to watch (until later tonight when Boondocks airs.

Btw, looks like Google pages is allowing people to create pages again.

2 comments:

BullBunky said...

Well, I think 10 years w/o caffine deserves a medal. Me? I like my latte every morning. Don't get between me and my latte!!

Scott said...

Someday, that XML in your page is going to work, and John MAdden's voice is really going to say BAM.