Monday, February 27, 2006

Quarantine Reestablished

Quinn woke up this morning around 10 AM with a fever of 102.9 degrees. The good news is he's actually sleeping through some of it, the bad news is when he sleeps that long the Motrin completely leaves his system and fever comes back. I woke up today running a fever of 100.3 degrees. I'm thinking if I follow Quinn's apparent incubation stages I might be much worse tomorrow. I gotta say, 100.3 doesn't sound that bad, but man I felt like crap. Just generally weak and all my joints ached. Of course, Ginger has pointed out on numerous occasions that I'm a terrible sick person.

There must be some advantages to being young. Quinn can be really sick, but once he gets Motrin in him, his fever drops down to normal levels (I took 4 Ibuprofen tablets and my fever only dropped 1 degree to 99.3). Also, once the medicine kicks in for Quinn, you wouldn't even know he was sick as hard as he plays. Although before the medicine kicked in this morning, he got to watch some videos in his room. Ginger took the laptop into his room so he could watch some On The Farm DVDs. He really loves the rooster.

So I stayed home with Quinn while Ginger took Catherine to school. And then after lunch Ginger took the kids into the doctor's office. Today it was Quinn's follow up from the last time he was sick and his inner ear burst. The doc says they can see where the scaring is from where it burst before, but it looks like it's healed up nicely.

I stayed in bed most of the day. I was having a hard time sleeping since I felt like crap, but if I laid down, I would get drainage going down my throat which made my throat sore. While I was in bed, I watched a movie on DVD, "War of the Worlds" (the new one). While it was interesting special effects and what not, the movie itself was complete crap. There are plotholes big enough to drive tractor trailers through. My personal favorite is how the alien machines had been buried on Earth for millions of years. No mention of how the aliens knew exactly where the largest human population centers would be within a million years. Or how they knew there would be human populations. Or why they planted the things there a million years ago. Or what the purpose of their invasion was. Or why they would stage an invasion using equipment 1 million years old. I don't know, I used to like Speilberg movies, but recently, not so much.

When the kids went down for naps, Quinn was feeling needy and wanted someone to stay in the room with him. So I napped on the floor using the big brown dog as a pillow. After about an hour, I got up and went and slept in our bedroom. I heard later that Quinn got up about an hour after I left his room. After dinner both kids wanted to play trampoline on the sofa again while listening to the Beauty and the Beast Soundtrack. From looking at the pictures, you would have a hard time telling Quinn was even sick.

Catherine Catches Some Air


Quinn's Bouncing


Synchronized Dancing During The "Be Our Guest" Song


Lest people think this whole let's use the sofa as a trampoline is something new, here's a video of Quinn from March 2004 (so he was a couple months shy of three at the time).



After the kids went to bed for the night, Ginger watched the rest of Disc 1 of Grey's Anatomy Season 1 and then we went downstairs and watched "How I Met Your Mother", "Two and a Half Men", and "Courting Alex."

2 comments:

Scott said...

Sorry to hear you guys are feeling so bad.

JamesF said...

Thanks. Quinn seems better today. I'm still running a little bit of a fever.
Probably wouldn't be that bad if I could actually get some sleep.