Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sick Day

Quinn is still under the weather, so he stayed home today. I stayed home with him while Ginger took Catherine to school and then to ballet. There was about an hour long standoff between me and him before he would take his medicine. And even then the victory was bitter sweet. Once we got past that, it was time for Quinn to engage in some serious lack of activity. I moved the Nintendo upstairs for him, so he played Mario Kart and Mario Sunshine for a bit. Around 11:30 I made him turn off the game and lie down and just watch some TV (Berenstain Bears). It's a pretty tough life. Just about halfway through the show Ginger and Catherine got home from ballet. Catherine decided Quinn needed some help watching TV so she plopped down on the couch. I grabbed some lunch for myself and headed into work.

When I got home Quinn was about the same. According to Ginger he napped for a good while, but was still sporting a fever when he got up. So he'll be staying home tomorrow also since school has a 24 hour fever free policy. I actually felt like I had a headache and a sore throat today, but I'm hoping that was psychosomatic.

For TV tonight (because we know that's why you visit the blog) we watched both episodes of "Scrubs." Then Ginger watched "Gilmore Girls" and I watched the episode of "The Office" from last week.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Your photos are really good... even the picture of Quinn sick on the couch is a really good photo. What kind of camera do you use? It does a nice job in natural light indoor photos.

By the way, I've started reading your blog enough now that I put in on my blog.

JamesF said...

Nikon D70. Ginger bought it for me for Christmas last year. It's nice, and it can use all my old SLR Nikon lenses. It's got more options than I know how to take advantage of though. The one thing I like that sets it apart from other digital cameras I've used is the lack of a delay when taking a picture. With my old Cannon when you took the picture if you didn't prefocus it would take about 800 milliseconds before taking the picture. Even with prefocusing it would still take around 250 milliseconds, so I missed a lot of shots. This one can rattle off 3 shots a second I believe.

Strangely I thought I had already linked to your blog, apparently I had updated the template and not published it.

Scott said...

I looked into the D70. Does the D70 do video as well? I think it may be my next camera... I have an ultracompact (Pentax Optio S6), which is nice for being portable, but definitely not as good for photo quality and speed of shots.

Thanks for the cross-link.

JamesF said...

It doesn't do video (at least I don't believe it does). This propaganda page has it's features.

I had never thought about the immediate power up being a feature, but in past cameras I've had when you turned them on they would have to 'initialize' for a second or two.