Thursday, February 16, 2006

Adventure Day

Kids had a puppet show at school today. In addition to the show a fire truck came by the school and handed out some plastic fire hats to all the kids and some activity books on general fire safety (stop, drop and roll type stuff). I'm getting the feeling they didn't learn a lot today. And they have tomorrow off (President's Day or something I think).

It was another unusually warm day today (it was in the low 60s I believe). So after coming home and having lunch, Ginger took the kids on a walk around the neighborhood. They saw three snowmen and an angel (or so I've been told). I assume the three snowmen they saw weren't including our own deteriorating snowman army since we still have five snowmen still standing (although one is now headless). Quinn lead the way to a park through some snow. And then things semi returned to normal once they got home. I hear they watched some of the Olympics. I think based on the description they saw some Ski Jumping, Alpine skiing, and as best I can tell they watched Curling (don't ask me why).

After the kids went to bed, I watched Smallville. I think they must be getting close to ending the series. I say that because in the early seasons Lex's actions were morally questionable, but he would often try to do the right thing. This season he's flat out lying and just being plain evil. I also watched Lost and some more Daily Show / Colbert Reports (still about 2 weeks behind on those). Lost is starting to stretch the bounds of believability with the six degrees of separation between all the cast members.

No comments: