Saturday, February 11, 2006

Nor'easter

I admit, I was skeptical. They were calling for this big snow, but lately their track record hasn't been all that great (last two times they called for multiple inches of snow we got either a light dusting or nothing). The snow was suppose to start last night (Friday) around 6 PM and continue for a while. So last night when I went to bed and it wasn't snowing, and when I got up this morning and it was snowing, but 40 degrees out so not accumulating, I initially thought this was going to be another false alarm. But the snow kept coming down, and just after lunch Ginger decided we needed to go to the store to get stuff for making soup (which I might add was delicious, but more on that later). You see, soon as we were going to have to leave the house, I knew right then that this snow thing was going to amount to something. And sure enough, as the kids were putting on their coats and we were getting ready to leave, I could see it was starting to stick outside on the ground. And as we were driving to the store the temperature went from 40 to 34 degrees. Luckily we didn't have to spend very long at the store and got home before it really started sticking to the roads. Which it now has. In fact, we got a call around 9 PM that our church has cancelled services tomorrow morning. And it's still coming down, looking at intellicast's radar, looks like there's probably another couple of hours before it's past. It'll be interesting to see the total accumulation.

Quinn's fever seems to have really broken now, but he has a minor ear ache. This didn't start until after his nap when he got up (around 6 PM). This managed to briefly worry us, since the roads were already pretty bad, and if we had ended up having to take him in, it could have gotten ugly. Ginger called the doctor's hotline, and they said since he didn't have a fever it was probably due to drainage and just give him some Motrin. Catherine though is still sporting a minor fever, but it's not that bad, and for the most part you wouldn't even be able to tell she's really sick. Quinn on the other hand, even though he's not running a fever anymore, still hasn't completely recovered and still looks a little run down.

For dinner tonight Ginger and I had soup that she made. As I mentioned about above, it was fantastic (although I couldn't help but noticed that her bowl had a lot more meat in it than mine did, but I managed to alleviate that problem by going back for seconds). After dinner, Ginger was working on Valentine Day cards, and the kids were helping. Ginger made this bookmark for me. Which is nice since I've been reading one of the New Frontier books around the house lately.

Not a lot in the way of TV watching tonight. I went through some Colbert Reports and Daily Shows. I also watched "Justice League Unlimited", which had it's first new episode in a while. Too bad Cartoon Network isn't picking up that show again next season. It's a really well executed show. Ginger taped some of the Olympic events so that we can have that to watch with the kids tomorrow if we start to get really bored.

And for a parting shot, here's what the snow looks like out on the deck at the moment.

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

Oooooo, I like the snow-coming-down pictures. Very nice :)