Monday, February 20, 2006

No Holiday For You! Come Back One Year!

No school again for the kids, and yet I still have to head to work. I didn't get a full report on what happened throughout the day, but I sort of got the impression Quinn played with his Nascar race cars and Catherine apparently at some point started working on sewing together the puppets that she got for her birthday. It was also pretty obvious that she had been playing with her new Calico Critters. I'm personally not a big fan of the Calico Critter stuff simply because it has so many teeny tiny pieces that are just begging to lost (or dropped on the carpet which then makes them almost impossible to find).

When I got home the kids started working on some crafts from Catherine's new art supplies. They took glitter glue and then used that to put little butterflies and dragonflies on the paper. Took me a minute to realize that the glitter glue sticks in addition to having a screw on top also had a plug inside the pen that needed to be removed before the glue would start coming out.



I saw that my cousin Will has finally started updating his blog. Will is an extremely talented artist and I wish him well on getting some business.

For TV tonight, I didn't get to watch too much since I took an unintentional nap after putting the kids to bed. Once I woke up from that, I watched "The Boondocks" and the news intro to two Daily Shows from last week (they seemed to have a lot of fun with the Dick Cheney shooting story).

And finally, part 3 in the ongoing series of how long can I milk taking pictures in my backyard at sunset.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, you're so competitive!!

Barry said...

Hmm the only person I know up at 5:43 AM on a weekday is Scott!! That competetive streak has led to devious behavior ;-)

JamesF said...

Yea, I figured it was Scott when Karen told me last night it wasn't her making the comment.

Right after which Karen said to me (and I quote) "the funniest part is I don't read your blog - no offense." Ouch.

Barry said...

I told her to say that (though I think its true). I think I predicted your response would be "ouch".

JamesF said...

Maybe the initial comment should have been

"Gee, you're so sensitive!!

Scott said...

alright, I confess... I guess the time gave it away.

I definitely read your blog... like a freakin' stalker. Between me and Barry, you have at least two readers.