Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Still Under Quarantine

Not much new to report. Quinn's still sick. Catherine had been avoiding it, but tonight she had a temperature. Last night was bad. Quinn had a little throwing up incident in the middle of the night. It happened when he took his cold medicine. He really doesn't like the taste of Pediacare. After a mad scramble of sheet changing he seemed better. Ginger did all of the hard work, I had been downstairs and hadn't even heard the ruckus until it was almost completely over. As Quinn and I were sitting beside the bed waiting for Ginger to get back, I was telling him since he was sick he wasn't going to be going to school tomorrow. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "You know, since you're sick,
you won't be going to school
tomorrow."
Quinn: "Yea."
Me: "You'll have to just hang out
and not run around."
Quinn: "Yea."
Me: "You know, and maybe watch
some TV."
Quinn: "Yea."
pause....
Quinn: "And play Mario Kart."
Me: "Yea."

Quinn seemed to be doing better today. But then later tonight his fever got worse, and there was another throwing up incident after dinner when he was taking his medicine. At this point the suspense of getting sick is killing me. I know it's out there. I know it's coming. I don't see how it can be avoided. Or worse, Ginger might get sick, then I would be responsible for all of them. I'm fairly positive I' wouldn't be up to the task.

After the kids fell asleep, I went downstairs and started watching a Daily Show interview and fell asleep. Once Ginger showed up and I woke up, we watched "Lost", then Ginger watched "One Tree Hill."

2 comments:

Barry said...

Yikes....Hope your crew starts feeling better.
I don't want to jinx it but so far no one has gotten Reuben's bug and he's pretty much all better. I will now pitch Clorox Anywhere spray. I used it the first day Reuben was sick spraying everywhere he went. Maybe it actually works! Though, I think Reuben thought I was a crazy man following him around the house with a squirt bottle.

JamesF said...

Yea, I was spraying Lysol like a madman the other night after the throwing up incident. Which was problematic because at the time my nose was stuffed up, so I couldn't smell it. Ginger tells me I *may* have oversprayed (considering some of the pillows were wet).