Sunday, February 19, 2006

Fun With Phonics


After church we stopped for lunch at Wendy's. During lunch Quinn announced he had to go to the bathroom, so we walked over to the restrooms. The ones at this particular Wendy's have no figures or anything other than words to differentiate the restrooms.

  Quinn: I don't know which one it is.
Me: Can you read the words?
Quinn: Is it this one?
Me: Sound it out, what's it say.
Quinn: Mmmm. Ehh. Nnnn.
Me: Now say it all together, what's
that say?
Quinn: Mmm...Boys.

After lunch we came home and had a mini party for Catherine with some presents from Ginger and myself. I ran out of tapes for the recorder, so I made a quick trip to the store to get some more, until I got to the store and realized I had no wallet, then had to come home and head back out, so the trip ended up being a bit longer than I wanted. The kids were getting ready for nap by the time I got back.

When Quinn got up from his nap, we watched the last 30 or so laps of the Daytona 500. Quinn got a kick out of spotting all the cars he owns and the ones that are in his calendar. He pointed out that the M&M car had changed it's look slightly since the numbers are now orange. Once Catherine was up, we watched some of the video from when she was born. The kids took great pleasure in pointing out their respective escapades on screen.

No comments: