Sunday, February 05, 2006

Happy Birthday Amanda

After church this morning we had lunch at Baja Fresh. Then we attempted something no sane person should ever do. We went to the grocery store on Super Bowl Sunday. Normally anything we needed would have just had to wait, but we needed flowers for Catherine to take to class tomorrow morning, and there just wasn't going to be any other time to get them before then. So I went and got in line as soon as we entered the store, so that when Catherine and Ginger had picked out the flowers (and some Nouriche) and found me, they only had to wait 10 minutes in line.

We came straight home after that and the kids played for a couple of hours. Normally they would have taken a nap, but today was Amanda's birthday party (being held at Gymboree in Tysons). While the kids were playing (my Mom was watching them) Ginger and I did some of the initial work on the stripes in the dining room. Then it was off to the birthday party. I foolishly forgot to take my video camera or regular camera to the party, so I didn't get any shots of the kids playing on the equipment (so this update will be sans pictures). I was amazed at some of the stuff Catherine was doing. She really has no fear.

On the way home the kids almost fell asleep in the car. Once home, they put on their pajamas, had a snack and then it was off to bed. Ginger and I fired up the Tivo and starting fast forwarding through the Super Bowl stopping only to check the ads and the scores at the end of the quarters (we managed to win $25, so minus the $20 we spent playing, that leaves us clearing a cool $5). Just after halftime we caught up to real time, so we bailed and went downstairs and watched "Four Kings" and "My Name is Earl" from last Thursday. The "Four Kings" show just really isn't all that good, so I think we're going to be dropping that. Afterwards we came back upstairs and watched the rest of the game. At this point I think in real time the game was over, but the Tivo wasn't recording anything so it had somehow decided it was going to skip Grey's Anatomy. Luckily we noticed it in time and with Tivo's internal 30 minute buffer we didn't miss anything.

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

We also taped the superbowl last night just so we can watch the commercials. I could have cared less about the game.

Ken Church said...

I'll get you copies of the pictures to see if any of them will be worth posting.