Friday, September 07, 2007

Girly Stuff ™


Check out the souvenir that Ben brought me back from his trip. He gave it to me today at lunch. That was all done with different colored sand. I'm amazed at how good it is and how much effort must go into making those. Kind of puts the sand art Catherine made to shame. But I figure I can cut Catherine some slack since she's only 4.

Mmmmm, can you taste it? Taste what you ask? I'm talking about the healthy dose of crow I had after lunch today. I took one of the old phones I mentioned the other day down to KennyG after lunch planning on letting him borrow it to see if he could pull the pictures off using the software he had at home. He messed around with the phone for about 90 seconds and figured out how to copy the pictures onto the memory card in the phone. He probably would have done it even faster had he not sat there and popped the memory card in and out two or three times before playing around with the menus. So yes, apparently I'm just an idiot and can't navigate phone menus. I will say it was about the most non intuitive way I would have ever imagined to get to the menu choice, but that doesn't change the fact I appeared completely incompetent. And here I'm suppose to be a techy type guy. Gonna have to turn in what little geek cred I had after this. None of this changes my problem with Ginger's current phone though (another Motorola, but this time a Razor) which has bluetooth, but no memory card. So I definitely need bluetooth or the Motorola Phone Tool software to get the pictures off that one.


Once I got home I played with Catherine and as she requested we spent tonight doing "Girly Stuff". I feel like I was cheated though. Evidently earlier in the day with Ginger Girly Stuff consisted playing with construction toys, bulldozers and trains. When I get home Girly Stuff is wearing Disney princess dresses and performing ballet dances. About the only thing I managed to get non girly in was a mini sword fight.


Didn't get to talk to Quinn since he should be attending the race down in Richmond tonight. Hopefully people took pictures and are sending them to me (hint hint).

1 comment:

The Dogfather said...

Heh...
To be fair, I've used a Moto for a while now, and while their menus were different from the previous phone, they seem second hand now. Hindsight and all...

And I only popped the sim partially out, and only 1 time! My sim is buried behind the battery, so I don't get to play with it! No. That is NOT a euphemism.

Talk to me later, if the razor has a USB, we might still be able to pull those pics off another way.

Cheers