Sunday, September 16, 2007

Eclectic Sunday


Looks like the kids might be catching a virus or something. They started showing some signs of running noses. Although it could just be a reaction to the ragweed or something. The allergist told us Quinn would start to react that started, but that it wouldn't start until it was cooler temperatures, and considering it's below 50 tonight and was only mild for the last part of last week, I suppose it could be that. Or it could be they're in school now with other kids and being exposed to a lot more (that sounds much more probable if you ask me). I still can't believe that the leaves are already starting to change (and speaking of changing colors, I really can't believe my hair color is in the process of changing over to white).

Since the kids may be coming down with something we skipped church. So Ginger decided to to take them to see a movie this morning. It was Strawberry Shortcake: Gotta Dance. I had seen the poster for the movie back when I went to see Superbad. At the time I was thinking of taking Catherine since that was the weekend Quinn was in Richmond, but they only show the movie at 10 in the morning on weekends, so I ended up not taking her at that time due to not looking into it until after church that weekend (so the showtime was over before I even tried to find out about it). I would include a link to the movie but I think it's a straight to DVD movie they're just playing in theaters to milk more money. On the positive side there was a story time and some activities for the kids after the movie. And the whole shebang only ended up being about ten dollars for all three of them. I still can't believe Quinn went. From what I heard he was the oldest boy there. Although he did end up seeing one of the girls he was in class with at school last year (Darbie) and he ended up sitting with her (let's see, a ladies man, another way he's not like me I suppose).


So one thing I've noticed from watching a lot of Blogger Play. People like to post pictures of food. Got it, so here's some jumping on the bandwagon. We grilled out tonight. And had some truly flame broiled burgers.

Ginger and I watched some of the Emmy's tonight. Normally we wouldn't watch that, but we were killing some time upstairs waiting on the kids to fall asleep. And what I noticed early on is that they were doing the while "play the music to get them off the stage thing" if people said more than a couple of sentences. I mean, I'm all for shortening down someone's prepared speech of four typed pages, but if they're that pressed for time they should have axed out all the parts with Ryan Seacrest since he seemed to be really unfunny in the role of host.

If you have some time to kill and want to see some stuff that's amusing, check out ItsJustSomeRandomGuy's youtube videos. There's a semi story going on, so watch them in the order they were added (watch the last ones in his list first and work towards the beginning). The first ones are parodies of the Hi, I'm Mac. And I'm a PC commercials". They really start getting amusing once they start the story in the bar though (the "After Hours" ones). Of course I find them funny, your mileage may vary.

No comments: