Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Outback Bound

Now it can be told. Yesterday morning Quinn's loose tooth fell out during breakfast. All day yesterday Quinn was telling everyone about how his tooth fell out. Evidently this was huge on coolness scale. And the "Tooth Fairy" left him a dollar coin last night (which he was very excited to get this morning). This would normally have been news enough to make last night's post, but Quinn wanted to tell the grandparents himself, so I kept it off the blog until he had a chance to call all of them and talk to them (which he finished doing this morning).

Today after school Catherine got new shoes, which surprise surprise, are pink. Although Ginger has correctly pointed out that about 90% of all girl's shoes that aren't white seem to be pink, so it's not like there are a lot of choices for girls, but still...


And for dinner tonight we drove into Arlington to have dinner with Ginger's cousin at Outback (which even though it's reverse commute traffic still had us stuck in traffic for 20 minutes on I66). Susan has recently moved up to this area and I think this was the first time Ginger has seen her in quite a while. To be honest, I didn't really recognize her, but I think I only met her during our wedding which she was in and played a violin solo, so that's my excuse. Plus I have kids now, so my memory is crap these days. I think that's going to be my new excuse for everything from here on out: "It's not my fault, I have kids!".


Catherine has decided Susan is one of her new best friends. During dinner Catherine was explaining the Cooking Mama game for the Wii and has invited Susan over to play it with her at some point in the future. In case it's not completely obvious, I only had the little hand held Nikon at dinner, which is why all the pictures look like complete and utter crap. The only bad thing about dinner tonight was that it lasted until just past eight, which is actually past the kid's bedtime, which became obvious as we were leaving and Catherine started having a meltdown because she didn't feel she got to say goodbye properly to her new best friend Susan before she left. And after a quick cell phone call Susan drove back so that instead of telling her goodbye Catherine could then act shy and ignore her. Luckily Susan was a good sport about all of it and Catherine eventually did give her a hug.

No comments: