Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Phone Pictures Retrieved


Managed to get the pictures off Ginger's phone tonight using Barry's bluetooth dongle. I'm not sure I like Barry's dongle though. It's small, which I admit is convenient and allows you to put it places you wouldn't be able to if it was too large, but the dongle isn't very functional without some add ons. Have I taken this as far as I can, why yes, I think I have.


Anyway, each picture transfer required me to tell the computer to get ready to accept a file, then have the phone send a file. It was all an overly extensive manual process in my mind. Barry did say that if you have the drivers other than what gets installed by default that you might get browsing capabilities, which would alleviate most of the issues I had with it and make it much more usable in my mind. But either way I was able to extract the pictures Ginger took with her new phone of the kids at the museum, so it's all good. Well, it's all good except for the picture quality.




I mean I know phones don't take pictures that are that good, but man, the quality of these things for the most part suck. Even for the photos taken outside with lots of light. These photos were from Richmond last month I believe, marvel at how bad the quality is.


And I can't believe how difficult it is to get pictures off the phone. And for some reason when they're selling you the phone, they only mention the picture taking capabilities and don't go into what methods are available to get pictures off the phone.

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Did you still want me to look for the Motorola software I used to have. It slipped my mind...

Ken Church said...

Let's see, James is complaining (big surprise) that "Barry's dongle .... isn't very functional without some add ons."

That would rate a No Comment.