Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Heck, Why Not Super Friends Instead


I wanted to rant about the upcoming Justice League movie and the casting of Jessica Biel as Wonder Woman and how that seems like a bad choice. I mean nothing I've seen her in has proven to me that she can act that well, and isn't Wonder suppose to be, I don't know, tall or something. Although I believe she is considered to be something of a hottie by the general public so they may get some guys seeing the film just to see her in the spandex costume.

If that was the only thing wrong with the upcoming film, I might not be worried. See, I could go on about how the film has been fast tracked for two reasons: to use it as a launching vehicle for other movies (the stalled Wonder Woman movie and a Flash movie), and the other reason is because there's possibly going to be a guild strike in the industry next May and they want to finish it before then because they're worried everything will just grind to halt if there's a strike. So to finish before the stike, they need to start filming in February.

And I could go on about how the movie started out as a live action film, then went to 2D Animation, then 3D CGI using motion capture (like The Polar Express and the upcoming Beowulf movie) and now it's back to live action. And I could also mention how they decided to only have five of the big seven heroes: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman. And I could mention how Green Lantern has been listed as a possibility for the film, but the last of the big seven, the green man from Mars (J'onn J'onzz a.k.a. Martian Manhunter) is getting no love and receives the shaft yet again! Seriously, the guy can't catch a break. I mean they're going to use Aquaman, and not J'onn. I mean, Aquaman? Really? The cast seems more like Super Friends than the Justice League at this point.

And I was going to mention how incredibly insane it would be to recast Batman and Superman as people other than Christian Bale and Brandon Routh since they've just recently restarted those franchises and people recognize them in those roles (I suppose you could argue that as bad as Superman Returns was it wouldn't be that big of a deal recasting him, but Bale rocked as Batman). I could mention all those things and how is seems this film is being completely rushed and will probably be complete crap. But to be honest, it all seems pretty obvious in retrospect, so I don't suppose there's any point in mentioning any of that.

And since that means I have nothing to rant about, I'll just throw up another picture (up above) from this past weekend.

3 comments:

gaz said...

i don't suppose you've tuned in to the new re-imagining of the bionic woman this week have you?

Curt Sawyer said...

Jessica Biel ... I believe she is considered to be something of a hottie by the general public...

You believe she is considered a hottie? Are you blind?

JamesF said...

gaz: i don't suppose you've tuned in to the new re-imagining of the bionic woman this week have you?

Like you have to ask. Yep, we watched it last night. And here I thought Katee Sackhoff's bad acting was due to the role she's in on BSG. Evidently her acting ability, or lack thereof, transcends roles. Luckily she's not a main cast member though. I'll try and write up something about it soonish (short version: It's a season pass on the TiVo).

Capt Sawyer: You believe she is considered a hottie? Are you blind?

Eh, she doesn't really do much for me. Could be because of seeing her on 7th Heaven (crap, I just admitted to watching 7th Heaven (uhh, I would sometimes watch it when Ginger watched it, I didn't actively watch the show (seriously, I didn't))). Anyway, I must be odd, because I just don't find her 'hot'. Sorry.