Saturday, September 08, 2007

Superbad Is Super Funny


Today I decided we would buy Catherine a new video game. Even though she doesn't seem to mind the fact that Quinn is basically getting special treatment to go to Richmond and see a Busch race I can't help but think she wonders why he got to do something special and not her (and she probably doesn't remember that she's gotten to go see the ballet). So I figured I would do something special for her while Quinn was away and we would get her a new video game. The last game I bought for her turned out to be not so good. That was Rayman Raving Rabbids. I thought it would be good since it was a bunch of mini games like Mario Party 8 (and both kids love that) and it has rabbits, and who doesn't like rabbits. But evidently screaming crazy killer bunnies don't qualify as cute and cuddly, who knew. So today we bought her Cooking Mama: Cook Off. She really likes it, and it's a much better game for her, but man does it feel like it's overpriced for what you actually do. But she likes it and the game play is pretty simple for the most part (although it's really hard to do extremely well since so much is based on timing).




The only local location that had the game was Reston Town Center, so we took a small road trip there around lunchtime. It all worked out because Ginger needed to exchange some stuff at the Gap also.


And I hate the fact that Catherine has become so conditioned that when she sees a Starbucks she immediately decides she wants a drink.


And here's something you don't normally see when out and about. This guy belonged to a patron of the aforementioned Starbucks, but was hanging out in a tree outside while his owner when in making a purchase or something.

Once back home (and after some time playing the new game) I tried to do the weather strip on the door to the deck, but once I got the door off the hinges and removed the old strip I realized the new strip that Ginger had bought (and that I had already cut, so I can't return it) didn't attach to the bottom of the door, but the side. Wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that the door in question is evidently made of metal (which I found out after one wood drill bit). So I ended up having to put the door back without a weather strip at all for the time being. Guess I'll be making a trip to the hardware store tomorrow and try to locate a strip that can attach to the bottom of the door.

And tonight I went to see Superbad with Ben. I must say, I found this movie to be really funny. Not the funniest movie I've ever seen, but probably the funniest one I've seen in a really long time. You're just bombarded with constant non stop humor. Each scene tries to flesh out a gag in some shape or form. They don't all work, but enough do that the movie feels really funny. I will say that the topic of most of jokes (and the movie in general) will probably be offensive to some. It's a teen movie, so go in expecting lots and lots of foul language and tons of innuendo and sexual references. Seriously, that's just about all the movie is, but man does it work.

1 comment:

Barry said...

I hope you take the old weather strip to Home Depot, when you get its replacement.