Thursday, September 06, 2007

Quinn's Outta Here

Today was the day Quinn left for Richmond. Because of that I went to lunch with Ginger and the kids so I could see Quinn for a bit before he left. Unfortunately they had a football game on one of the TVs, so I got very little interaction with Quinn during the meal since he was entranced by the game. I did notice that his loose tooth is really bothering him when he eats. You can see him stuffing food into his mouth on the side when he takes a bite to avoid biting with the front teeth.

After lunch Ginger and the kids headed for the drop off. They met Grammy halfway to Richmond for the exchange. I heard later in the night that Quinn got to go by the racetrack and see some of the NASCARs that were on display before this weekend's race I heard that Quinn was one the ground looking underneath Dale Earnhardt Jr's car (the Budweiser 8 car for you folks not into NASCAR, which I'm guessing is just about everyone except for family). No pictures of the event were taken though because using a camera is hard. I see now where Ginger gets her not taking pictures gene.

Unfortunately I got home a little later than normal and missed playing with Catherine tonight. And here I had been looking forward to playtime too since at lunch Catherine informed me that while Quinn is gone she gets to do "girl stuff". When I asked what about me, she told me that I "could do girl stuff too." So tonight while she was in bed I put her blanket over my head like a scarf. She scolded me telling me I looked silly and to take it off. So I stood up and put the blanket around my waist and told her to look at my dress, to which she replied, "No Daddy, I get to be the Queen." And for some reason, I found that comment much more amusing than she did.


The picture well is running seriously dry at this point. The above is another from when we were at the beach. Just a large spiderweb we encountered when we were walking to the beach.

1 comment:

gaz said...

looks like you wandered into shelob's lair!