Saturday, September 01, 2007

Getting In Some Outside Time


Today was pretty nice out, so we decided to head to the park for a bit. Quinn's been begging to go for a while now since he really wants to play tennis on a real court. Since Nana is up this weekend Nana and Quinn played tennis while Catherine, Ginger and I went to the playground area.




Both kids were wearing the shirts they made last night. They took some colored markers and designed shirts last night. Quinn made an ocean on the front of his, Catherine's is a "doughnut machine" (don't ask me, your guess is as good as mine). After I took about 15 pictures, the battery on my DSLR ran out of power (I swear that's the one bad thing about the camera, it goes from showing full power to half power to dead in about 20 pictures I think).


Catherine spent more time on the swings than just about an other activity. And I learned that if I swing for too long these days I start getting dizzy and feeling a bit of nausea. Not sure what's up with that. Don't know whether my inner ear is just getting old and can't handle the quicker movements or if there's a more sinister reason behind it. I wonder if it's a learned thing since I haven't exactly been big on swings in, oh, let's say the last 30 years or so.




Today Catherine learned an important lesson. Sliding down a pole in a dress can be painful (leg burns aren't any fun for anyone).

1 comment:

Barry said...

I feel the same way on the swing these days. I think its just getting old ;-)