Saturday, September 22, 2007

Are You Ready For Some Football? And Tennis!


We had light rain (sprinkles really) throughout the morning. We actually thought with it threatening to rain that Quinn's tennis lesson might be canceled. But since we have no way of knowing whether the class is canceled or not, I drove Quinn up to the school. I'm thinking a lot of other people also thought it might be canceled since there were only about seven kids this morning where last week there seemed to be like fifteen kids in the class.


Since it didn't rain, it actually ended up being pretty hot today. It was about 87 during Quinn's tennis lesson. At one point the instructor was working one on one with the kids she had the others go up against the fence in the back where it was somewhat shaded (last thing I suspect she needs is a lawsuit if one of the kids overheats and passes out or something). Quinn seems to be doing fine in the class. I don't have any real good way to judge whether he's picking it up though. The instructor afterwards told me his biggest issue is that he doesn't pivot on his swing though. She also semi scolded me for playing some tennis with Quinn after the lesson, telling me it was too hot and that he shouldn't be playing in this heat. I assured her that we were only going to be playing for about ten minutes, but that didn't seem to change her opinion.


Before Quinn's tennis lesson this morning both the kids decorated their shirts again. They seem to enjoy the activity, and all it takes is putting the shirt through the wash and they get do it again. The picture above is what Catherine modeling her finished product. I didn't get a picture of Quinn's today since he didn't wear it very long (we decided he shouldn't wear it to tennis in case it rained since the colors are washable).

Catherine decided she didn't want to go with me to Quinn's tennis lesson today. So she stayed home and made cupcakes with Ginger. That's a good news / bad news scenario, because I would have loved to have the chance to take some more pictures of her, but at the same time I do like cupcakes. Mmmmm... Cupcakes...


This afternoon Ginger was looking for the Tech football game on TV but we never found it. I guess playing William & Mary isn't a big enough game to justify TV coverage (considering Tech won 44 to 3, I suppose I can understand that logic). Quinn did watch some other college game though, which has now made him want to play football (shortest... attention span... evar...). Good thing we're doing tennis lesson since he's now decided he wants to play football. Or baseball, baseball also seems to be a perennial favorite of his.




I have to admit, when we were out tossing around the football I was pretty impressed at how well he was doing catching it. Now admittedly it is only a Nerf football, but considering how many times he used to drop it in the past, he was doing fantastic today with keeping his hands in the right place and everything. He would even jump and catch it sometimes. He would have to jump because I'm apparently not that good at throwing it. Which is another thing that surprised me. When he was throwing it it had a perfect spiral to it. Makes me wonder if he would be able to do that well with a real football versus this Nerf thing.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Hmm.. football and crocs... I'm not too sure about that. The shoes are as nerfy as the ball!