Monday, September 17, 2007

It Tastes Like... Burning


Just about burned the house down Sunday night. Okay, slight exaggeration, but I did stink the place completely up and melted an appliance. When we grilled out we also had tater tots and some onion rings. Much later I decided to reheat them in the toaster oven for a snack (this would be about the time Ginger was going to bed). I then proceeded to do laundry, empty all the trash cans in the house and take out the trash, cleaned the grill and then promptly forgot about the toaster oven and went downstairs and worked on the blog. Which means that over two hours later when the burning smell wakes Ginger up she's all miffed because the entire house smells like burned plastic from where the frame of the toaster oven had turned a lovely shade of brown (it used to be white). Whoops. We're still trying to get the smell out of the house today.

3 comments:

Ken Church said...

How about a picture?

JamesF said...

The toaster oven had been tossed and replaced by the time I got home Monday night. If I don't have to dig through the trash, I'll try and get a shot of it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a little ADD... I do stuff like that all the time!!