Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wait, I Thought They Sued Them

Quinn drew this at school last week. He's still just doing stick figures for people. I wonder how long it will be before he actually starts putting some effort into it and fleshing out his people.


And here's a piece of news that will be of interest to almost no one (and I say almost because I know of at least two people that may care). Marvel is apparently is going to team up with Cryptic studios for the production of a MMORPG that takes place in the Marvel Superhero Universe (the 616 one). Here's an article about it. The reason I find this so interesting is because it was just about two years ago that Marvel sued Cryptic because their hero creation program allowed people to create heroes that had the likeness of some Marvel heroes. Which most people thought was a pretty silly reason to sue, since Marvel wasn't suing Crayola because kids could use crayons to draw the likeness of a Marvel character. The suit was dismissed if I recall correctly (and quite harshly at that).

Finally, has anyone else been having issues with Blogger recently? Seems a lot of the times I try and publish these days I get the yellow triangle with the spinning graphic that just refreshes continuously and always stays at 0% done. Is this something happening across the board, or just to some individuals?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

At least now I have some idea of why Terrell Owens attempted suicide yesterday. His potential last words were "that darn Marvel!"

He'll attempt it again in the future because the last paragraph was totally lost on everyone who read it.

Scott said...

I'm having the Blogger publish problem right now. Frustrating.

(And this is not the first time I've seen that either.)

gaz said...

me too!
frequently over the last week or so i've had problems posting stuff to Blogger. i'm quite patient though and just persevere.
it's great dropping in to see what you and yours are up to. you're linked in my favourites.
drop by and say hi at
gazgibbs.blogspot.com

Curt Sawyer said...

Blogger has been sucking my ass these past few days - slow to upload pictures, slow to post, slow-slow-slow.

mattfite said...

I too often see the spinning triangle (although I haven't been posting often).