Wednesday, September 06, 2006

School Starts


Today was the first day of school. Ginger took the kids while I tagged along to record the event. Everyone did really well getting up early this morning, but you could tell from the dark circles under Quinn's eyes that he was still pretty tired.


Once we got to the school the kids had no problems. I managed to get the above picture right before they went into the school. I like it for no other reason than it really captures each of their personalities at the moment. Quinn is all action and sports and has to be on the move constantly, while Catherine is much more laid back and quiet and calm. I was pleasantly surprised by how well Catherine did with the whole idea of going back to school. I was fully expecting her to be pretty upset and have to go through the initial separation issues we had for the first week or so when she went last year, but while she was obviously still a little timid about it, she walked right into her classroom and picked out some stuff to start working on.

Both kids only were there for a half day today (Quinn starts a full day later in the month). I had promised the kids that if they did well at school that we could go out for dinner. And since everything went really well, I had to keep up my end of the bargain. So it was off to Red Robin, our dinner away from home restaurant. I managed to get the following photo of Catherine while we were there. She got into this pose all by herself initially, I had to coax her back into though for the picture. She must be trying to become a model or something.


And for something completely unrelated, all the recent rain has caused the hydrangea to start blooming slightly again.

No comments: